Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.IndianAftermarket.com is introducing 3 air filter systems for the 111 engines. One system includes a leather covered air filter cover. The are available in tan, black, and white leather. The Thunder Works 3X offers a huge performance increase when used with a good exhaust and fuel computer. This system includes a hot air blocker. This is a unique feature being offered. The video explains it.

·
Senior member / gold
6,926 Posts
I like the engineering, but not crazy about the leather cover. Perhaps the black looks better. Maybe offer a cover with no 111 on it, and people can take it to a leather person to get the leather tooled. Just a few thoughts. Most Tandy Leather stores have a plethora of very competent leather artists that they know of. The price is very nice compared to Indian's prices!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Finally something that make the OEM bedpan look great by comparison. That leather thing is really ugly.

·
Gold member
6,272 Posts
I like the engineering, but not crazy about the leather cover. Perhaps the black looks better. Maybe offer a cover with no 111 on it, and people can take it to a leather person to get the leather tooled. Just a few thoughts. Most Tandy Leather stores have a plethora of very competent leather artists that they know of. The price is very nice compared to Indian's prices!
It's probably a phone in order anyway, you just tell them what you want and they'll tell you how long it'll take. That's when you tell em what you want or don't want. I'll bet they only have a couple samples ready to go in each color. Probably any color too!

·
Bronze member
2,094 Posts
www.IndianAftermarket.com is introducing 3 air filter systems for the 111 engines. One system includes a leather covered air filter cover. The are available in tan, black, and white leather. The Thunder Works 3X offers a huge performance increase when used with a good exhaust and fuel computer. This system includes a hot air blocker. This is a unique feature being offered. The video explains it.
im thinking??? cutting off OEM cover at rear or backside and making my own piece to cover that hot air intake spot , i already have the Kn filter. hummm

·
Vendor / bronze
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the polite way of expressing your opinion. I actually get many compliments on it in person. Also, my intent is to offer as many different accessories for the Indians as I can. This is a very limited market so it is not practical to have parts made in China yet. I have to design ways to manufacture by hand in America, make it functional and attractive and most important affordable. I currently have about 2 dozen original designs of products for the Indians as well as selling other manufacturer's products. No other company has this many things to offer. I love these bikes. I ride almost every day. I will continue to do my best even if I make a few people vomit.

By the way I just got in my order of black leather. I will be making a black leather cover and post photos soon. Another note. This is one of the highest performance intakes you can buy for the 111's. No one else thought to cover the hot air intake. This forum has been one of the most polite forums anywhere for any topic.I hope we can continue to help each other. This is a new beginning for Indian bikes. Several attempts have failed in the past. We all assume the Polaris will succeed this time, but it still requires that people buy lots of bikes. This forum can be a way to make ownership enjoyable and help people deal with problems and modifications. Everyone, enjoy your bike no matter how you mod it.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im thinking??? cutting off OEM cover at rear or backside and making my own piece to cover that hot air intake spot , i already have the Kn filter. hummm
Your idea would probably work. The heat blocker I make is plastic not leather. This is not hard to make. You would want to cut off enough of the chrome cover to allow lots of air in. A metal cut off tool should work best. However, it might get rough on the edges so you might want to find a way to cover the cut edge. If you can pull it off I think it would look better than the stock cover as is. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.