Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IndianAftermarket.com offers leather grips for the big bikes in tan and black. You sew them on yourself and it gives a nice retro look. The kits come with waxed thread and needle. The leather is pre-punched for sewing. It is easy to do. It takes about one hour to install the grips and lever covers. Each kit is $29.95 with free shipping to the 48 states.
IMG_5669.jpg

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow, that's an almost too good to be true price. Nice!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Would the leather interfere with the grip heaters on a RM? And with both covers on, does it interfere with the clutch? Thanks

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Wow, that's an almost too good to be true price. Nice!
Just bought a set tonight. Might have to use hose clamps to put them on, can't sew.
Maybe gorilla glue
Anyway, great price and will look sweet on my fast colors Red/Cream Vintage

·
Registered
337 Posts
Would the leather interfere with the grip heaters on a RM? And with both covers on, does it interfere with the clutch? Thanks
I've only a Vintage, but with grip heaters, no problems. And also no problems with both covers and interference with the clutch.
Looks great and fits perfect to my Vintage :D :D :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Marcus. I finally installed the leather grips and lever covers and they look and feel great. It was really easy to put on, watch the video and be patient. I did soak them, as others recommended. I used a little glue to avoid them slipping and it seems to do the trick. I will post a picture tomorrow.

PS...The leather covers do not interfere with the grip heaters.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you like them. I recently realized that these may be the only sew leather grips available. I like the stitched on look. It fits with the retro design of these bikes.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Marcus, these look great, but do you ship to Australia?
If so, how much would that be ($US) all up?
Thanks, John.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts