Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a larger gas tank and louder pipes for the 2016 Scout? The OEM tank really limits the riding distance.
Also, looking for a set of strong sounding growling pipes, not ear shattering but with a good rumble. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put some basic straight pipes on mine, they were pretty cost effective and have been nice and loud for me ( i think they sound great.) and 49,000 miles on them have no major issue (they have some patina on them) You can get an idea here
I got them from JP Cycles unfortunately they no longer show them there but they were part number 450-413 CHROME UNIV SLIP-ON MUFFLERS ($83 for the pair) . but there are many slip on options out there and they are extremely easy to install and they sound good. .

As far as the tank. I get between 100 and 120 miles a tankful. I have been on long trip and find that stopping every hour to hour and a half for gas and break keeps me from getting to saddle worn. The longest single ride I have done is from west palm beach to Chattanooga Tenn (798 Miles) I think it tool me around 13 hours (I took a lot of back-roads). I have seen some custom tanks but i think they make the bike look awkward. I had thought about attaching and emergency gas bottle but just have never really finding issues with running out of gas.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. Like you I’ve never run out of gas. Thought about putting a 1 gal. Gas can on the luggage rack. That should work well enough for long rides.
Great suggestion on the pipes. Will contact J&P tomorrow to see if they still carry them. Ride safe

·
Registered
200 Posts
There was someone on this forum that did modify existing fuel tanks for increased size - nice job as I recall - but it all comes down to cost. Most problems can be overcome but it's always going to be the price...
Check out the archive:

·
Rider
1,139 Posts
There was someone on this forum that did modify existing fuel tanks for increased size - nice job as I recall - but it all comes down to cost. Most problems can be overcome but it's always going to be the price...
Check out the archive:
Many times over the years when customers have asked if I could get or do something for them (that was not really practical - but could be done) I have responded "I can do almost any thing you want if your pockets are deep enough".

That usually, though not always, brings them back down to earth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts