Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any bigger fuel tanks available yet?
I don't live on the edge of czivilation, but I can see it from here.
Needs a bigger tank.
Have been prowling the cycletrader.com for a affordable FTR.
Would prefer an "S" but will jump if the price is really right on either.

·
Rider
1,192 Posts
Any bigger fuel tanks available yet?
I don't live on the edge of czivilation, but I can see it from here.
Needs a bigger tank.
Have been prowling the cycletrader.com for a affordable FTR.
Would prefer an "S" but will jump if the price is really right on either.
Could also try GL Gas Bag.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Nope. And will never be one in its current form. The back of the bike would look completely different if it were to ever happen.
The tank is so tight in the subframe it looks like it was put in soft and inflated within the subframe. So with out rear redesign, and thus a new model essentially, not gonna happen..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,802 Posts
For the existing current FTR that's true, not gonna happen. I believe the adventure model might involve a different frame or subframe and possibly a different induction system to the engine to allow a conventional fuel tank in the traditional position but that;s gonna be an entirely different animal and not an FTR.

·
Rider
1,192 Posts
For the existing current FTR that's true, not gonna happen. I believe the adventure model might involve a different frame or subframe and possibly a different induction system to the engine to allow a conventional fuel tank in the traditional position but that;s gonna be an entirely different animal and not an FTR.
When I first got the new beast I was likewise concerned about mileage. Now that is broken in I average around 40 mpg and generally go 100 miles between gas stops. Employing @K9F model of filling to the "gunnels" I am no longer worried about taking 200+ mile day trips.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,802 Posts
I'm thinking it's pretty close in fuel range to what my Scout currently gets. Fuel capacity is close to the same on both.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I'm thinking it's pretty close in fuel range to what my Scout currently gets. Fuel capacity is close to the same on both.
On average You're right. . It actually has the potential to be worse, or better. I can get about 10 more miles out FTR than with Scout stock Dependent on my wrist and rider modes. On the flip side, I can drain the FTR tank much faster than the Scout if I choose to have a race to empty..

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
Yeah it’s not any worse than most bikes in its class. My last Fz1 would empty the tank in 88 miles or 120 depending on my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts