Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
His eyes say "softy" - probably because he's looking at you?

What about a chest harness and straps to the pillion seat of a RM? Hmm... probs not safe or legal.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Not a fan of dogs on motorcycles..........
It isn't something they understand and the liability factor of hurting or killing an animal so a human can have a good time or show off is something beyond my understanding........
Rodeos, dog racing, horse racing, dog fighting, all of it is for human fun, not the animal.....
But that is just me............Really, give it some thought.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,799 Posts
I have seen a lot of small dogs being passengers on motorcycles over the years. In every case the dogs seem to love going for rides with their masters. In my case my 55 pound dog would need to be on a safety harness inside a sidecar. I just haven't ever gotten one or learned to handle one. Money wise I could afford to but there are too many other things needing done around my home & property that have a higher priority.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am working on making a quick release mount for a Pods container so you guys can take your big dogs along.

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
Dogs love air, head out the window. We don’t trust ours not to jump out after a bird, squirrel or another dog etc.
We have a Jeep and are looking at the seat belt dog harness

Reactions: theMucker

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
Looks like this carrier requires a special holder. Is there any way to put it on the pillion between the rider and the top case of a Roadmaster or is it too large for that? I like what I'm seeing but I want everything.:rolleyes::)

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like this carrier requires a special holder. Is there any way to put it on the pillion between the rider and the top case of a Roadmaster or is it too large for that? I like what I'm seeing but I want everything.:rolleyes::)
It is too big to fit between the rider and the trunk on a Loadmaster, if I understand you. Unless you let the dog steer.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
It is too big to fit between the rider and the trunk on a Loadmaster, if I understand you. Unless you let the dog steer.
I thought that's what I was seeing. Too bad, as I really like what I see and would be perfect for my little ankle biter.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Bronze member
1,222 Posts
I've got an old newspaper article from the early 70s that has a story and photo of a Bulldog that rode in front of his owner on a Honda CB750. The gas tank had a special pad mounted to it, so the dog's claws could "grab" it. The rider and bulldog got to be so well known in the local area that businesses were using them in advertising. That brought in some income and since the dog was earning money, the owner got him a checking account at the local bank. The dog couldn't write the checks, but he signed them with a paw print.
Personally, I would not risk my Sophie (65 pounds of Bulldog!) on a motorcycle, but if I had a sidecar, I'd consider getting her a harness to ride in it. And I have no doubt that she would love it. As it is, when I take the Grand Cherokee to a local store, all I have to do is say, "Co-Pilot!" She sits in the passenger seat and looks out the windshield, clearly enjoying herself.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
You dogs seem to tolerate the cage well. Mine would freak just putting them in there, let alone with wind whistling thru those small holes.

Interesting invention I guess, just not for me.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
You dogs seem to tolerate the cage well. Mine would freak just putting them in there, let alone with wind whistling thru those small holes.

Interesting invention I guess, just not for me.
Not for Everyone ..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts