Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife has really long hair and we bought some head wraps alon with putting it in a pony tail. We also tried a leather wrap with buttons and securing it inside the jacket. Did not like that version so went with the head wraps and good to go.

·
Rider
984 Posts
This is interesting.
I had long hair back in 1972 when I had my BSA. Halfway down my back. I have no idea if it presented any issues riding.
I did keep those little fabric covered elastic bands everywhere so there was always one handy. Always several on my car's turn signal lever. Using rubber bands is just masochism.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I have a friend ,she has long hair to her waist ,rides a Harley Ultra with a open face helmet. She braids her hair all the time and never seems to have issue,combs or should that be brushes it every night after a long ride. Funny because when I first met her the hair was the first thing that stood out and I thought wow you could tie a ship up with the braided hair lol. Getting off subject a bit so to say she does not have any issues would be correct .

·
Rider
984 Posts
Hell, I don't know what they are? All I know is after years of using rubber bands a female friend gave me some bands that don't rip your hair out on removal. ;)
Here's what I used to use. You should be able to buy them in a drugstore or Wallyworld.
hairbands.jpg

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
My hair is down to the middle of my back. I rode once without a helmet (my state allows it) and it took a bottle of conditioner to get the tangles out. I currently use two or three pony tail holders. One close to the head and the other two spaced out to an inch before the end. My aunt told me to try putting some leave in conditioner in before I ride, although I haven’t tried it yet.

Bubba

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have long (middle of my back) layered hair. I usually do two braids and it’s perfect! No tangles and stays in place. Looks pretty cute, too.

·
Super Moderator
5,715 Posts
My hair is also long - past my shoulder blades. I make a pony tail and then tuck it all up under my dew rag, under my helmet. No fuss, no muss. For me, to do otherwise gives me wind wept tangles impossible to get out.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,947 Posts
I used to let my goatee grow out. Then I saw my face in the side mirror of my bike. I looked like an upside down version of Cousin It. I ended up cutting it back after that. Dean

21 - 31 of 31 Posts