Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this from amazon to make it a little easier to remove the seats and tried to install it today and the damn thing doesn’t fit...did anyone else get one and have issues. It starts to thread but only goes about a half turn. There was a little overspray on the threads which I got off with a wire brush but still no love. I could grab a wrench and make it fit I’m sure but seems like the wrong thing to do. The package claims to fit ‘14 and up Indians but just doesn’t. Anyone else have one like this with better luck? I can return it but I do want it...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Chrome one on my bike no problem installing it. Press down on the passenger seat when installing the seat bolt and make sure you start the bolt at the right (slight) angel

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
They should all be the same size across all year models. I'd check the thread pitch.

Take the seat off and try it to see if it goes in easily. Also check that the initial thread is not deformed. Sometimes I file a slight taper on the end of screws that have to come out repeatedly so they screw in more readily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts