Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a helpful tip on the installation that was not included on the excellent installation instructions. Before you put the trim on you should spread or flex the trim "open" as you stick it on with the top or "point" sticking on first.

What I ran into, as I tried to install evenly, is the two sided tape stuck to the lens rubber before it was in it's proper place. Had I known or considered this I think the installation would have been flawless. I was able to manipulate the trim piece into an acceptable (for me) position.

Here are the before and after photos.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I really didn't think much about the tail light trim piece until I seen one. I couldn't believe how it "finished" the look of the rear lamp. The Mrs. and I both said, why didn't the factory make the tail light trim piece like this?"

One can easily see the difference, especially from a side view perspective!!

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
What I did was the opposite of the directions. I lined up the two chrome tails relative to the lens (using masking tape to mark) and press and spread the tails working my way up. This got the tails and the rest of the chrome surround in the right position. Thanks Shuje or I wouldn't have thought to do this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanted to give a helpful tip on the installation that was not included on the excellent installation instructions. Before you put the trim on you should spread or flex the trim "open" as you stick it on with the top or "point" sticking on first.

What I ran into, as I tried to install evenly, is the two sided tape stuck to the lens rubber before it was in it's proper place. Had I known or considered this I think the installation would have been flawless. I was able to manipulate the trim piece into an acceptable (for me) position.

Here are the before and after photos.
One of the best investments for the chieftain out there. Looks like it should have come from the factory with that installed.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I ordered mine and the front trim near turn signals before I even had the bike in my possession the bike looks much more finished with these for sure

Reactions: SterlingDrive
1 - 8 of 8 Posts