Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the front spear floorboards on my 18 Springfield DarkHorse. They look and feel great.

I'm looking to get the matching rear passenger ones as well. I have the factory passenger round peg style ones installed now.

The part for the floor board is clear.

What is not clear is how they mount and which adapter is what I need. I've seen posts that people had issues with the floorboards folding up correctly. Some said they wouldnt stay folded up. I see a STOP splined adapter version, and a regular splined version.

Which adapters will work correctly, folding the floor boards up and staying in place up and down?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't know about the adapter, sorry. But I have the Spear (mini?) boards for the passenger (on a Scout), and TBH, they do not stay folded up. I had thought about removing them and putting a rubber washer or a waffle/spring washer in the system to provide some tension but I haven't done so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I could not get them to stay up on my Chieftain either. So I just added the set screw and leave them down . Besides the Wife is usually with me when I ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts