Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I added a set of Kuryakyn floorboards and brake pedal along with a Indian heel shifter. All went on smooth except the floorboard on the left side. Instructions don't mention the shift linkage is in the way of putting the spacer behind the lower bolt on the bracket. Boards are a little larger and have a little more absorption for bumps. Heel shift is a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I added a set of Kuryakyn floorboards and brake pedal along with a Indian heel shifter. All went on smooth except the floorboard on the left side. Instructions don't mention the shift linkage is in the way of putting the spacer behind the lower bolt on the bracket. Boards are a little larger and have a little more absorption for bumps. Heel shift is a nice upgrade. View attachment 605347 View attachment 605348 View attachment 605349
Do the Kuryakyn floorboards absorb engine vibration better than the stock floorboards?

Also I highly recommend the Kuryakyn heal shifter. You will gain floorboard space lost by using the Indian heal shifter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the Kuryakyn floorboards absorb engine vibration better than the stock floorboards?

Also I highly recommend the Kuryakyn heal shifter. You will gain floorboard space lost by using the Indian heal shifter.

I haven't notices any engine vibration with stock or Kuryakyn floorboards. I did order both of the shift pegs in your photo. Back one will give me a little more foot room.

·
Registered
722 Posts
In your opinion, is Kuryakyn quality? I get the impression of cheap Chinese knockoffs, but I may be doing the brand an injustice

·
Rider
640 Posts
I've used their products for years. H-D, Victory and Indian now. They have all lived up to expectations.
ME TOO!! Lots of Kuryakyn parts on my 17 Limited and have used many Kuryakyn parts on HD's back when i had two or three salvage bikes in the repair stages. Never had a problem with any of their products!!

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
In your opinion, is Kuryakyn quality? I get the impression of cheap Chinese knockoffs, but I may be doing the brand an injustice
Kuryakyn is an American company. Started in 79' from a performance background in the early drag days. They switched and became a chrome company and now they are making their way back to having performance products such as exhausts and intakes.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I haven't notices any engine vibration with stock or Kuryakyn floorboards. I did order both of the shift pegs in your photo. Back one will give me a little more foot room.
Interesting. I sold my last Indian because of a very strong vibration in the floorboards at around 3000 RPM. I tried everything forum members suggested but without success. I even tried 18 different tunes by CragB1960. My new Indian has vibration in the floorboards at around 2500 but since it’s at a lower frequency it’s a lot easier to tolerate than a strong high frequency buzz and it goes away quickly as RPMs increase.

My 2017 Springfield had absolutely no vibration in the floorboards at any RPM.

Just a note to everyone to do a test ride before you buy even if it’s the same model. I’ve found that some Indian engines vibrate a lot more than others, and I do mean a lot more. If engine vibration is an issue it’s important to do a test ride first, for others engine vibration isn’t an issue.

I like to do long cross country rides so for me strong vibration can be an issue over a long time in the saddle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts