Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

KURYAKYN Heel Shifter for 111's---new product

9K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  Old Warrior 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. www.IndianAftermarket.com has added Kuryakyn to its product line. We are offering their heel shifter for sale. This is a nice item if you like heel shifters. (Some people don't like them.) This one travels under the floorboard and comes up at the back. This way it does not cover any of the floorboard and allows your big ole boot to sit where you want it. (The Indian brand covers a large portion of the floorboard.) It is available to ship mid June 2017. You can order now and be one of the first to get one. $69.95 The pegs are sold separate and we offer three choices.
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Helmet

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks quite close to the floorboard "pan" ... wondering if I would have to remove (or cut?) my OE accessory leather floorboard trim.
AND: I have been touching ground softly with my floorboard trims in the twisties ... these would most likely throw some sparks :D

But nice to have some more choice now ...

#8 ·
Ordered a shifter. Going to use my old heel shifter peg.

Marcus, If you are going to sell Kuryakyn, carry the toe rests too. They are awesome.
I will be adding many Kuryakyn products to the website. I like their stuff. I try to only sell stuff I think is top quality. I also need to make a new website that is mobile friendly. I will be switching to "Shopify" as the host. It is a big project and I have too much to do as it is.

#9 ·
Hey guys. Thanks. I am starting to get orders on the heel shifter. Once I get one for me and you guy install them, it will be nice to get feed back. I currently use an Indian heel shifter, but I was forced to develop the floorboard spacers as a product. This was necessary to make room on the floorboard. I think the Kuryakyn shifter will reduce my floorboard spacer sales but the Kuryakyn is a better way to go.

#13 ·
Been after a good heel shifter since buying my Springfield but there were none around.

Call me cautious but I am going to wait until they are released and read the reviews on them but I must say they look good and appear to be positioned well. I only hope that the reviews are favourable.

#15 ·
I like it. About $100 cheaper than the Aeromach version. If I didn't already have one of those, this would work for me.

#17 · (Edited)
Today is Wednesday, June 21, 2017. I am still waiting to receive the heel shifters from Kuryakyn. I placed an order weeks ago and was told I would be among the first shipment. I was told it would be mid June, so I guess it is still mid June for a few more days. So as soon as they arrive I will post it and ship out the orders I already have.

#19 ·
Hello everyone. www.IndianAftermarket.com has added Kuryakyn to its product line. We are offering their heel shifter for sale. This is a nice item if you like heel shifters. (Some people don't like them.) This one travels under the floorboard and comes up at the back. This way it does not cover any of the floorboard and allows your big ole boot to sit where you want it. (The Indian brand covers a large portion of the floorboard.) It is available to ship mid June 2017. You can order now and be one of the first to get one. $69.95 The pegs are sold separate and we offer three choices. View attachment 265737
I dont find that the oem heel shifter WITH Headress peg covers much of the floorboard at all. Only sticks out about 1 inch.
I can see where the Kuryakyn might be better for those with battleships for feet (size 12 and up maybe), but those of us with regular feet would constantly need to move heel backwards to hit this shifter as it clearly sets behind the floorboard.
With the Oem with headress peg, I simply lift my heel, turn it inboard slightly and tap down.

#20 ·
I dont find that the oem heel shifter WITH Headress peg covers much of the floorboard at all. Only sticks out about 1 inch.
I can see where the Kuryakyn might be better for those with battleships for feet (size 12 and up maybe), but those of us with regular feet would constantly need to move heel backwards to hit this shifter as it clearly sets behind the floorboard.
With the Oem with headress peg, I simply lift my heel, turn it inboard slightly and tap down.
Nice friendly post.

#21 ·
Marcus, are you going to carry the new Kuryakyn Spear HF air cleaner? If so, I'd buy it from you to support your small business.
I emailed sales yesterday for approximate release date. They said hoping for 30-60 days. I can do 30 but 60 wont work for me.
Automotive design Small appliance Silver Metal
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Auto part Car

#23 ·
Yes, www.IndianAftermarket.com is a dealer for the full line of Kuryakyn products which includes Crusher. I will be adding items as people ask. So since you asked, this will go into our website. I will find out how fast I can get these items and let you know. Anyone is welcome to make request. Of course you can buy elsewhere, so I appreciate the support.

#24 ·
Ok, I just spoke with Kuryakyn and found out the following: They are having some issues making the base plate for the Spear Air Filter. They think they will be available sometime in September. Additionally, the heel shifters will not be shipped to dealers until the first week of July. Please don't shoot the messenger.

#25 ·
I used the the Indian heel shifter. I wear size 11 shoes. I found the heel shifter too irritating. It forced me to use the outer edge of the floorboard. I constantly felt the shifter arm touching my foot. This is why I designed the floorboard spacers. This moves the boards out 7/8" and gave back the the full width of the floorboards. It is one of my better selling items at www.IndianAftermarket.com However, with the Kuryakyn heel shifter the arm goes under the floorboards and you will still have the full board for your foot. As of June 22, I am still waiting to get the first shipment any day now and I look forward to them.
Im 10.5 US and find it just right. For ME, Id be constantly moving my foot rearward off the back to shift. I could see where it will help those with 11s and up cause they're heel is back there already.

#27 ·
Yea. I am a new dealer for them. They have great products but the first two I picked to work with are back ordered. This one reason to buy from an American manufacturer. At least when we are back ordered for Thunder Works parts it is only a week or two so at the worst. (Exception is when we relocated we got one more behind.)

#28 ·
Update. I got some black heel shifters in and I have one in stock along with an all black peg. I am still waiting for the chromes to arrive. I have sold a lot of the chrome ones. Sorry to make you guys wait, but Kuryakyn is struggling to get them in. They got a few in but apparently someone was ahead of me. I am suppose to get some from the next batch. ( www.IndianAftermarket.com )
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Helmet
Plastic Electronic device Camera accessory

#29 ·
Hello everyone. www.IndianAftermarket.com has added Kuryakyn to its product line. We are offering their heel shifter for sale. This is a nice item if you like heel shifters. (Some people don't like them.) This one travels under the floorboard and comes up at the back. This way it does not cover any of the floorboard and allows your big ole boot to sit where you want it. (The Indian brand covers a large portion of the floorboard.) It is available to ship mid June 2017. You can order now and be one of the first to get one. $69.95 The pegs are sold separate and we offer three choices. View attachment 265737
It looks like the shifter still restricts foot movement towards the rear of the board. While riding my Vintage, I slide my feet back and forth on the boards every few minutes, often moving far enough back that only the balls of the feet are supported by the board, giving almost a 'standard' foot position for a while. To me, anything that restricts full use of the board defeats the purpose of having floorboards in the first place.

#32 ·
I held a black Kuryakyn heel shifter in position on my Springfield. The peg is about 2" behind the stock Indian floorboard. Most people don't want it so far back they are searching for it each time they shift. I like the way the arm travels under the floorboard. It is not low enough to scrap on a heavy lean. Here is a photo. I am holding it a little higher than it will be once mounted. I did not mount it because they are so hard to get right now that I will wait until I fill orders.
Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.