Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like them ? Anything i should know, or not know ?? Just need some great input folk's. How long does it take to put them on ? things like that. Best place to buy them ? I am 5' 10" tall. Thanks and God bless.. Jayimpalaman

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had them on my Sixty for a short while. I found that my 73 yr. old knees couldn't bend that much comfortably. If the seat was a few inches higher it would work for me. If I can find a tractor style seat cheap enough that will raise me a few inches I might try them again. The mid controls are relatively simple to install. I have a lift so it was easier to do than would be on the floor. This is my first cruiser style bike and after 4k miles I would still prefer my feet under me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for getting back to me and YES.. I like my feet under me. I have done a lot to get my Scout Sixty the way I want it. That is why I am thinking about the Kury mid-sets. The money I have spend to get it half-way right I could have bought a Triumph or something that makes normal motorcycles !!! Anyways, if you are thinking about selling your mid-sets, just let me know. I am not in too big of a hurry. And check out Russell Day Long custom seats. I am on my 3rd. one and it is great. It also sits a rider up more. They are not much more than a Corbin or Mustang seat. And you can RIDE all day long !! Thanks again, and God Bless.. Jayimpalaman

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I did not get them. I had my rear shocks re-worked and i like them a lot. I think they are better than new ones. I have a post about them. Let me know how you like the mid-sets when you get them on your bike. God Bless..
Jayimpalaman

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it me or is the re-configured web site a pain? Have a big grey glob running down the middle of the posts. Can't read 'em. I realize this is not the correct place to post this. Paul

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You look like you are not clamped up too much. I may have to re-group on mid-sets. Lately, I have moved my reduced reach bars up some and I have more control. They are more up-right. God Bless.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
honestly, I also just ordered a set of reduced reach bars, this will allow a slight bend in my arms :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts