Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 7" touch screen on my '17 Chieftain stopped taking input, when you touched most sections of the screen it was dead. Couldn't even change radio stations. One dealer gave me a ridiculous price of $2400.00 to replace it (been out of warranty for 6 months).
My dealer, Indian of Springfield in Westfield MA determined the screen was bad and contacted Polaris. They agreed to replace it N/C and the dealer covered the labor. When I picked up the bike it was perfect ( they even did some CPU updates and adjusted the belt while they had it). Had the bike back in 1-1/2 days. They handed me the bill, would have been $1815.00. My cost- ZERO! Polaris and my dealer came through big! If you need anything Indian and you are near Western MA, Indian of Springfield in Westfield MA is the place to go!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,275 Posts
They pretty much did the same thing for me a couple years back on replacing my wiring harness. Not only that but the dealer delivered the bike back to my house and threw in a Battery Tender Jr. for free. Indian of Toledo gets my thanks and business for doing that.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
The 7" touch screen on my '17 Chieftain stopped taking input, when you touched most sections of the screen it was dead. Couldn't even change radio stations. One dealer gave me a ridiculous price of $2400.00 to replace it (been out of warranty for 6 months).
My dealer, Indian of Springfield in Westfield MA determined the screen was bad and contacted Polaris. They agreed to replace it N/C and the dealer covered the labor. When I picked up the bike it was perfect ( they even did some CPU updates and adjusted the belt while they had it). Had the bike back in 1-1/2 days. They handed me the bill, would have been $1815.00. My cost- ZERO! Polaris and my dealer came through big! If you need anything Indian and you are near Western MA, Indian of Springfield in Westfield MA is the place to go!
Great news. Biggest reason in my books to buy the Extended service (warranty) contract.

You dodged an electronic bullet. Kudos to you as well!

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Good to hear, I had my front rotor and even the pads covered in full within the warranty period, was shocked they covered the pads as well.

·
Rider
874 Posts
If that was Indian of Toledo Ohio I agree! They are awesome! I went in for a 5,000 miles oil change and service and had bought a used high performance air cleaner with flash card and asked what they would charge to install that and do the flash while I was there. They told me to bring it and they would install it while the oil was draining for free!! Great service and very nice people! They win my business from now on!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Service like that is what makes a great business ,we have a thing in Australia called consumer law that covers you for similar things as a item has to be able to last and work for what is considered a reasonable amount of time. 6 months, you would expect it too last and work for many years after the warranty ran out in any case.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I have to say the dealership I use here in Newcastle.. NSW Aust. and Indian in Sydney. NSW Aust. are great at looking after their customers ,I love to visit both of them and always feel as I am welcomed at both. In fact it is like visiting family but they keep taking my money and making me spend money on more and more accessories lol . Honestly they have always been fantastic and there should be more of it.

·
Rider
488 Posts
I love that dealership! The owner is awesome. I stopped in one day on my way down to NJ. Joked around about trading my bike in for an Icon RM they had there, and told him where I was heading. Asked about my route so I showed him. He went and grabbed a map book, and said "No, this is how you want to go" and gave me some gorgeous roads to take instead.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
183 Posts
Indian of Springfield provides top notch service for sure. I now travel a bit farther to have them do all my work. Brookfield Indian in CT is closer but their customer service after the sale is lousy.

·
Silver member
4,800 Posts
Kudos to Indian is the right title...

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good to hear that the Springfield dealership came through for you. Who was the dealer who wanted to charge you $2400? Can we post these things here - would help others to know and avoid...

·
Rider
757 Posts
These were my lowers after 300 miles. My dealer sent in a warranty claim and denied it. I then called and talked to someone higher up and explained to him that its all been paved roads and that if they get replaced I will cover them with clear bra. While thinking about it he was at Dayton bike weeks and ended up on a dirt road (by accident) and being passed by semis going the other direction he told me that he did not receive as many rock chips and warrantied the lowers, I then had clear bra put on. Oh and yes these are also mine now as Polaris didn't ask for them so the dealer gave them to me. I plan on painting them two-tone to match the bike.

IMG_4471.JPG

·
Registered
90 Posts
While forums are a great place to learn from others issues and mistakes, seldom do we see "Kudos" for dealers and we should. Like many reviews, people who are mad or complain write more than those that are happy. I think we all should share great experiences with the dealer network, especially if we want to grow the community. Cosmos Indian in North East Philly is terrific. The new owners go above and beyond to engage in the community and create a really wonderful experience. We will all have issues with our bikes, but the dealer experience is what makes a world of difference. Just saying...........

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Now that’s what I like to hear good for you ! But it kind of proves my point on an extended warranty. It’s not the drivetrain that scares me it’s todays electronics. 2 radios on 1 of my ultras that had an extended thank god !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts