Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesanyone have the appache bars on their chieftain? I have a Corbin seat which moved me back where I want to be but I need to raise the bars too. Can you pull the bars back at all? In all the pics they look to be right up next to the dash/fairing. Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I’ve got the Corbin seat and KST Apache bars on my ride. My inseam is about a 30 so I had them make me a seat with the 15” from tank to back like the factory seat. Normal Corbin seats are 17”. For me, I sit just fine. The KST bars can be adjusted but just slightly. Reason I say this is because at the base of the bars it has the cut out for the factory wires to flow through. Once you start tweaking it you’ll start loosing that opening. Also, not sure if you plan on having dealer do it but I was able to do it myself in a few hrs. I took my time and cleaned up all the wiring inside the fairing. Also while I was in there I put dielectric grease on all the connections. Much luck to ya! I think you’ll love the bars. If I can locate my old pics I’ll post them on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on doing the install myself. Do you any pics of bike with bars you can post? Dont suppose you anywhere near Worcester,Ma.? Would love to see the bars in real life. Thanks

·
Rider
739 Posts
I have the KST bars as well and the other issue you'll run into is the braked line. It's tight....I mean TIGHT, I doubt you'll get to pull the bars back to much without replacing the upper brake line with a longer one. I plan to do this eventually, mainly because the 30 degree bend at the banjo fitting needs to be more at a 45 degree angle. Also I want it to be black, not silver so eventually I'll order a new line and have the dealer replace it so I don't have to mess with the ABS system.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have KST on my '19 Roadmaster. To get a little closer without rotating, which causes the control blocks to look a little off, I used the Rox Risers. I had this setup on my '17 before it died.

I was able to both the KST +6 and the Rox Risers without changing brake lines or clutch cable. I did need to re-route the clutch cable to not go over the triple tree. I also took the the clamp holding the brake line to the frame loose, slid it down the brake line and attached. I can take some pics if needed.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Doesanyone have the appache bars on their chieftain? I have a Corbin seat which moved me back where I want to be but I need to raise the bars too. Can you pull the bars back at all? In all the pics they look to be right up next to the dash/fairing. Thanks
Here is my 17 chieftain with there bars
20170418_221126.jpg
20170621_123907.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
these are the 6 inch rise...they don't block ur gauges...and really help with the stability and steering of the bike...they sit u back further into the seat...and really help in the tight turning and backing up...Ur arms are now stretched out...very comfortable...glad I didn't go any higher...next ill b lowering my floorboards ...droppin in a lowering kit...and getting a Corbin...for a total of almost a four inch drop...way better for trying to maneuver this huge beast...couldn't beat the price at $245...plus installed my Kuryakyn grips...which are comfortable as well...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also, you’ll have to adjust your brake line on your master cylinder be cautious of brake fluid leaking on your paint/chrome. Kinda a PITA but once it’s done you won’t have to mess with it. I HIGHLY recommend placing a little painters tape on the brake and clutch perches. I ended up chipping some of the black paint on my bars. Had to find some touch up paint to “fix” it.

·
Rider
739 Posts
Hey quick question. There’s a small plastic clamp on the neck where the brake line normally latches onto. Once you install these bars you won’t be able to use that clamp. This is how I did mine.
Where's the question? LOL. Anyways, I'll check the neck on mine. I know the triple tree clamp is still there and I have slack below it so I might try to snake a little bit of it up to relieve the tension on the banjo bolt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts