Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added the Kst 10+ bars to their roadmaster? Looking for pictures to see how high they are going to be. And did you have to get the extensions for everything like cluck brake grips and all the wiring or some you can use and others you couldn’t??

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Directly from the KST website:
"Anything taller than that will require new brake, clutch and electrical harnesses."

I had the +6 on my RM for a couple of months, with Rox Risers, and I had to adjust and/or reroute pretty much everything connected to the bars, and I was at the limit of what could safely be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set ordered for my 2017 Chieftain which should be about two from now, I'll be learning the same when they arrive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did the +6 KST bars, didn't have to get any new wiring but I will say they were an absolute bear to install. The 90degree bend was a Son of ** to get the wire through. Cannot get the plug for the TBW cable through the 90 degree bend so had to cut the wire and then resolder them. Love the bars but were not fun to install, mechanic at dealer said better me than he installing them.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I did the +6 KST bars, didn't have to get any new wiring but I will say they were an absolute bear to install. The 90degree bend was a Son of ** to get the wire through. Cannot get the plug for the TBW cable through the 90 degree bend so had to cut the wire and then resolder them. Love the bars but were not fun to install, mechanic at dealer said better me than he installing them.
I was able to get all the connectors through, but it was a PITA. I used twisted safety wire to fish three runs of 550 cord through the bars. I then tied the cord to the harnesses about 6 inches past the plugs, and again right behind the plugs, to ensure that I wasn't juat pulling on the plug itself. I then wrapped the cord and harness with electrical tape, and greased it up with WD40.

I started by pulling the largest plug through first. Once I got the plug to the bottom bend in the bar, I would start the second harness and pull them together. Once the 2nd plug got to the bottom bend, I would start the 3rd and pull them together.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts