Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the 116 BBK installed last month, and ever since have had the error code: 520332 knock sensor negative low voltage code with the check engine light. Of course, searching and from what people have said is the knock sensor wire could be resting on cooling fin, or maybe the dealer didn’t replace the sensor during the engine build.

Would not changing out the wire during the 116 BBK install throw a code?
If the wire is touching, I have not found much on how to even view it. I removed the right hard cover and what I could underneath, but it is hard to tell. Does the tank need to be lifted to view?

I will be heading back to dealer next month hopefully for the 500 mile oil change/inspection and will also bring it to their attention...just wanted to know if there was anything I could do in the meantime. Thank you.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Check the wire going to it as it's possible #1,they did NOT connect it,or #2,the wire got pinched or damaged during the upgrade,or,#3,the sensor itself got damaged in the process of the upgrade..So there's three things you can check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts