Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the 14 inch Klockwerks windshield and feel that it's just right? I've had the 10 and now the 12 inch but still feel that it's just not high enough in the down position.

·
Rider
970 Posts
I have a 14-in flare after 4 years of trying 12 in and below. I should have just bought this from the beginning

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
974 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! Following this...in down position it's too low even in town.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I'm confused if it's to low in the down position, why not just raise it up a bit?

·
Rider
974 Posts
I'm confused if it's to low in the down position, why not just raise it up a bit?
I do raise it a bit, I am referring to the stock Chieftain wind shield. =)

Looking for a taller one that offers more protection in town, and on the highway at higher speeds, the stock one is too low.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 13.7/14 Indian/Klockwerks (ROFL!!) in light tint that was perfect till I swapped seats. Felt good around town all the way down, on the highway in the almost fully up position it was perfect.. Changed seats, lost the sweet spot.. Its available if there is any interest. I also have a stock 18" clear available as well.

And before you ask, I settled on an 18" Dark Tint Freedom..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone have the 14 inch Klockwerks windshield and feel that it's just right? I've had the 10 and now the 12 inch but still feel that it's just not high enough in the down position.
I have the 12" tinted love it. I'm 6'1" see over the top but with the curve at the very top no buffeting. Also; I did check on the 14" and was informed many complain that it hits thile mirrors when fully up? May want to check that detail out before you pull the trigger?

·
Rider
974 Posts
Just ordered the 12" Klock Werks for my 2016 Chieftain, will report back how it's working, I'm 6 feet tall using the stock seat

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 12" tinted love it. I'm 6'1" see over the top but with the curve at the very top no buffeting. Also; I did check on the 14" and was informed many complain that it hits thile mirrors when fully up? May want to check that detail out before you pull the trigger?
Just replaced my 14". It does not hit the Pinnacle mirrors in any position.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just ordered the 12" Klock Werks for my 2016 Chieftain, will report back how it's working, I'm 6 feet tall using the stock seat
I could have sent you mine. It's clear though, sitting in a box. But I am in Canada. Shipping would be too expensive.

·
Rider
974 Posts
I could have sent you mine. It's clear though, sitting in a box. But I am in Canada. Shipping would be too expensive.
12" I ordered is clear, got it for $195.95 shipped free from JT Parts. Why didn't you install it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new to the group. I have the 2019 chieftain. Very interested in the windshield discussion as I find an annoying amount of buffeting from the stock unit.
The bike I took for a test ride had the curved top but I think it was a 12". I'm 5' 10" and have the after market two up tour saddle. any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
12" I ordered is clear, got it for $195.95 shipped free from JT Parts. Why didn't you install it?

To short for me, I can't hide behind it riding in heavy rain. It's shorter than the one that came with my used Chieftain. A tall boy factory.

·
Rider
974 Posts
To short for me, I can't hide behind it riding in heavy rain. It's shorter than the one that came with my used Chieftain. A tall boy factory.
I bought my 2016 Chieftain used too, Indian Red, 2,400 miles, like new condition, previous owner did add a rear bar and pad, also the small leather tank pouch, he did all the recalls, everything else he left untouched. This 12" Klock Werks looks to be a bit taller than the stock windshield, which should work. =)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I bought my 2016 Chieftain used too, Indian Red, 2,400 miles, like new condition, previous owner did add a rear bar and pad, also the small leather tank pouch, he did all the recalls, everything else he left untouched. This 12" Klock Werks looks to be a bit taller than the stock windshield, which should work. =)
Excellent.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I tried the 14” Klockwerks windshield and liked the added wind protection but the visual distortion looking through it was so bad that I went with the 14” Freedom flared windshield. The wind protection between the 14” Klockwerks and the 14” Freedom was about the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
I tried the 14” Klockwerks windshield and liked the added wind protection but the visual distortion looking through it was so bad that I went with the 14” Freedom flared windshield. The wind protection between the 14” Klockwerks and the 14” Freedom was about the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And Freedom apparently goes up to 18 inches tall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts