Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks awesome! Klock werks site says there's a 8" and 11". Yours looks like it's shorter than stock so I'm guessing it's 8". I like the smoke color but am concerned that it may be too dark to see through when in the highest position. Can you still see over the top in the highest position? Does it really cut down on turbulence?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can see above it fairly well when it’s up. I do notice a big difference between up and down. Unfortunately I can’t really compare it to the stock one because I changed it out before I even rode it home. They definitely make a quality product for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 11" in dark smoke (or whatever they call the tinted model) and wish I'd gotten the 8" because I'm looking through it when it's all the way up. If anyone wants to trade, let me know.

·
Silver member
6,282 Posts
Looks awesome! Klock werks site says there's a 8" and 11". Yours looks like it's shorter than stock so I'm guessing it's 8". I like the smoke color but am concerned that it may be too dark to see through when in the highest position. Can you still see over the top in the highest position? Does it really cut down on turbulence?
I have the smoke shield for my chieftain; love it. Saying that; Klock Shields are designed so that you look over the shield - not through it. If you're looking through it then its too high.
There is slight distortion where the shield bends at the top so you don't really want to be looking through that area of the shield anyway.
I believe their website has a video that explains this as well as how to pick the right shield as everyone is different in height - taller / shorter.
My Chieftain as example - I have the 12" shield - and when set at maximum height its probably at my chin line which works perfect for me on the highway; shield blows the wind completely over my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts