Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Klock Werks Prairie Bars vs Indian Beach Bars

5120 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Nordic Nate
Has anyone done comparison measurements on the Klock Werks Prairie Bars and measured them against the Indian Beach Bars? I'd be interested in the difference, if any, in rise, width, and pullback. I've got the Indian Beach bars and I'm curious to see the difference before making the investment.

Thanks,
TR

Reactions: Sandstone9321
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Has anyone done comparison measurements on the Klock Werks Prairie Bars and measured them against the Indian Beach Bars? I'd be interested in the difference, if any, in rise, width, and pullback. I've got the Indian Beach bars and I'm curious to see the difference before making the investment.

Thanks,
TR

I think @MasterBlaster has had both bars and took some pics of them. Look on the Chief Classic Forum.

· Rider
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a thread about it, with pictures. Pullback and width are almost the same, but the wrist angle are different. I run the prairie bars since 6 months and i'm really happy with it.

PICTURE HERE : https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/klock-werks-bar.14360/page-7
Yes - I found D-Man's pics and my first thought was that while each set of bars has a different shape and curve, the final location of the grips isn't that much different. The Prairie bars have a more appealing look and are very similar to the beach bars I had on my '03 Chief Roadmaster. But before dropping close to $400 on Prairie bars, I may just try and lower the angle of my current beach bars.

· Registered
178 Posts
I had the Indian beach bars on my ‘15 Vintage and was disappointed they did not pull back as far as I would have liked. I it the Klockwerks Prarie Bars on and much better. They are a little wider and pull back about 2” more. I adjusted them down low enough to give a good natural feel for arms to hang and be comfortable on my shoulders. Believe it or not, they actually give me more leverage for counter steering which was an unexpected benefit. I didn’t measure them against the Indian bar but it definitely has more pull back which is why Klockworks supplies a longer Barnett clutch cable when you order.
But of course the best reason to have them is they look cool as hell! LOL

· Registered
181 Posts

Thanks,
TR

The Klock Werks don't work on 2018 and later Indians.

· Bronze member
1,822 Posts
The motorcycle in the foreground is mine - it has the Klockwerks. The one in the background belonged to the President of the El Cajon Spirit of San Diego IMRG. He has the Beach Bars on his. Mine is adjusted a bit high - I lowered it later, but mine are noticeably wider. Both bars are excellent looking and both are a good buy.

· Registered
25 Posts
The motorcycle in the foreground is mine - it has the Klockwerks. The one in the background belonged to the President of the El Cajon Spirit of San Diego IMRG. He has the Beach Bars on his. Mine is adjusted a bit high - I lowered it later, but mine are noticeably wider. Both bars are excellent looking and both are a good buy. View attachment 585645
Hi,

Which now requires less reach? I have the Indian beach bars but I am leaning too far forward. Thanks.

· Registered
178 Posts
I would call Klockwerks before you order because...I love my bars and the new, longer clutch cable they sent is a quality Barnett's cable. But the diameter of the new Klockwerk's bar was a shade larger than my Indian beach bar and it did not fit in the handlebar clamps properly so they could not be tightened down. I needed to slightly increase the diameter on the both the fixed lower portion of the clamps (2 pcs) that bolt to the triple tree and also the top clamp part (1 pc). The clamp parts are aluminum, so it was easy to open them up enough to accept the larger diameter bar and get them tight enough to clamp tight. The bar is knurled at the clamp location so it will bite into the aluminum clamp. I've had them since summer 2018 without issue. I used a small right-angle air grinder with a 2" paper disk, pretty fine grit and went slowly and checked fitment frequently so I did not take off material more than necessary. I would expect that by now they've addressed this issue. Overall, I could not be happier with them. The only problem with my Indian is gas stops take 3x as long because of the admirers!

Attachments

· Rider
478 Posts
Interesting reading all the different experiences. I have a '21 Vintage. Changed to the Prairie beach bars shortly after buying it. Didn't have any fitment issues. Also ended up not using the longer clutch cable. Not sure that was the right choice, but haven't had any issues yet.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tree Plant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts