Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back the Vintage with the new Praire Bars installed. Indian of McKinney (Freedom Powersports) did a great job, as always. Changed out the master cylinder Nader warranty and detailed the bike as well.

Looks are subjective, I think these rock. Very relaxed riding position. More miles and photos tomorrow.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got back the Vintage with the new Praire Bars installed. Indian of McKinney (Freedom Powersports) did a great job, as always. Changed out the master cylinder Nader warranty and detailed the bike as well.

Looks are subjective, I think these rock. Very relaxed riding position. More miles and photos tomorrow.

View attachment 33796
Damn, those look like the bars i've been waiting for :)

·
Rider
878 Posts
Nice look. I particularly like the colour of the leather and the running light shades (or whatever they're called).

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice look. I particularly like the colour of the leather and the running light shades (or whatever they're called).
Thanks. They're called 'visors,' ten bucks on eBay. Seat by Haifley Brothers with distressed brown leather I supplied them. If you ever want to do the same, I have half a hide left.

·
Rider
878 Posts
Thanks, Meggie. If I ever try customizing the seat, I'll start with another seat unit to dismantle so I don't miss any riding.

I may try to find some visors for the running lights - I'm sure they'll be reasonably easy to find. At the kind of cost you mention, I'd even have another go with eBay.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Meggie. If I ever try customizing the seat, I'll start with another seat unit to dismantle so I don't miss any riding.

I may try to find some visors for the running lights - I'm sure they'll be reasonably easy to find. At the kind of cost you mention, I'd even have another go with eBay.
That's what I did. Bought a damaged 2014 seat, found the leather, had it done. Since then, did not use the original seat at all. @enzo5000 hooked me up with the visor as well as inspiration and instructions on the hardbags, check out his Vintage as well.

·
Rider
878 Posts
Enzo's Vintage is a very fine job, and he was kind enough to confirm the suitability of a particular disc lock.

I did consider hard bags when I was 'Vintageizing' my Classic, but ended up with some Boss bags - which I really like - after my daughter (a boat builder who knows one heck of a lot more about plastics and composite materials than I do) had a look and a think about the various options. I'd asked her what bags would be most likely to give my cameras a sporting chance if I fall off.

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Hey @Meggie , looks nice! I wanted beach bars for #37 but the angle they turned my wrists was not enjoyable. How are these bars with relation to your wrist position?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice looking bars. Fits the styling of the bike. It would be interesting to hear your opinions about the comfort of the wrist angle for long distance riding and also how effective the bars are at low speed maneuvering .

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey @Meggie , looks nice! I wanted beach bars for #37 but the angle they turned my wrists was not enjoyable. How are these bars with relation to your wrist position?

Stop by our shop next time you're in Dallas, or send coordinates on your weekend rides and we'll meet up.

To summarize riding impression, it's completely different from the beach bars it had replaced. Very relaxed, hands in natural angle and on top. We have it set as low as possible.

More miles and pictures from different angles tomorrow.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking bars. Fits the styling of the bike. It would be interesting to hear your opinions about the comfort of the wrist angle for long distance riding and also how effective the bars are at low speed maneuvering .
Agree. It took a good 20 miles to get used to it, more tomorrow.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks good! Stock cables?

How is low speed full lock turns? Have to lean forward more for the bar moving away from you?

Wonder how annoying wiring the bars are. I have heated grips as well. These are so tempting to get in the next month or so...damn!

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good! Stock cables?

How is low speed full lock turns? Have to lean forward more for the bar moving away from you?

Wonder how annoying wiring the bars are. I have heated grips as well. These are so tempting to get in the next month or so...damn!
New cables come as part of the kit. Dealer installed. No issues whatsoever turning, even tight spaces thus far. Planning to take advantage of the thaw here and ride to work this week, more riding impressions soon.

·
Registered
285 Posts

View attachment 33796
I really dig those bars... and the bike overall.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts