Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I believe they only have the 8" lenght to offer at this time. Inquiring minds would like to know. Did they have a windshield lenght selection and if so, what lenght did you order?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
Look forward to some pics!

Will this be something that you look through in the highest position or will you still look over?

Reactions: HERK

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Look forward to some pics!

Will this be something that you look through in the highest position or will you still look over?
You would look over it. I got the Indian flair when I bought my bike. I spoke with KW yesterday and it is the same shield only dark smoke.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I spoke with John at Freedom Shields yesterday, and he will have a Challenger shield around the end of next month. While I have an itchy trigger finger to purchase the KW shield I am gonna wait.

·
Rider
510 Posts
Good news indeed! I have also talked to them about trying to come up with a stereo upgrade that wouldn't cost $3000 since they worked with Kicker to develop the one for the Chieftain. I hope they can come up with something, especially if they can come up with a solution for the bag lids as well.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
I spoke with John at Freedom Shields yesterday, and he will have a Challenger shield around the end of next month. While I have an itchy trigger finger to purchase the KW shield I am gonna wait.
Is there something different about them compared to the Indian one other than the color?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Is there something different about them compared to the Indian one other than the color?
Freedom Shields are second to none, IMO.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Freedom Shields are second to none, IMO.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Why do you like these more than the KW Arapaho?
I really liked the flare on my CDH and was getting ready to put a taller KW on it but ended up trading first.
Freedom are flared shields, I have had both KW and Freedom. Freedom's focus is on quality over quantity. Not saying KW is not the same. I just prefer the quality and hands on workmanship that John at Freedom provides.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Freedom are flared shields, I have had both KW and Freedom. Freedom's focus is on quality over quantity. Not saying KW is not the same. I just prefer the quality and hands on workmanship that John at Freedom provides.

Any noticeable difference between the KW with the "hips" like Indian's flare and the Freedom that does not have them?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Any noticeable difference between the KW with the "hips" like Indian's flare and the Freedom that does not have them?
I don't have a Freedom on my Challenger yet. John expects to have them around the end if next month. My HD bike has a Freedom that replaced a KW.

Reactions: TechRider

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting. I was looking at KW and really liked the look, but I'd like one a little taller than 8 inches. I don't own a Challenger yet but am in the planning stage to decide how I want to set it up. I'll pay attention to Freedom, too.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
I have both Klockwerks and Freedom Shields. Nothing earth shattering about Freedom Shields, just expensive. Klockwerks is just as good. When Klockwerks had shields for the Chieftain the originally only went up to 12". It wasn't tall enough, so I picked up the Freedom sheilds because they had he taller size (14"). I and pulling the Freedom off for the Klockwerks 14" they now carry.

I am surprised Klockerks hasn't sued all the guys that add the flare to their shields since Klockwerks owns the patent on that design.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts