Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rider
816 Posts
I have no first hand experience but a friend was bitching to me about the quality of the Newer Klim stuff recently. He ordered a new suit from Aerostitch.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No experience with that specific item, but the Klim gear I do have is first rate. Very high quality.
I own a pair of the Klim Voyage air pants and their Induction jacket. I would have to agree it’s first rate. It’s why they were the first look when I started thinking about a riding suit.

I haven’t had time to do any kind of comparison with the aerostitch products yet, but one review I read last night was from a rider switching from aerostitch R3 to the Klim Hardanger. The review was pretty thorough pointing out the pros and cons of both products. The Klim Hardanger is pretty new to the market. Looks to me like Klim put a lot of thought into its design. I’m seriously considering pulling the trigger on one.

·
Rider
816 Posts
I have a relatively cheap First Gear jacket and pants set I got used at a swap meet. I paid the guy $35.00 for them. I think they retailed for around $600.00. They do the job I need them to. I’d love to get a high quality set but having been unprepared for my unplanned retirement, I cannot justify the cost of a premium set.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Klim is owned by Polaris, wish we had someone locally that carries the suits, would like to check them out.
WHAT!?!? Why do we not have Indian riding suits? I mean, they would be the same suit, only a few hundred $$$ more due to the "Indian" name, but still...:p

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WHAT!?!? Why do we not have Indian riding suits? I mean, they would be the same suit, only a few hundred $$$ more due to the "Indian" name, but still...:p
I discovered today while reviewing the Klim Hardanger that there is some distant truth in Polaris having a business interest in Klim. One of the forums I was on had a link that took me to a euro board that made mention of Klim and a euro company having a business relationship. I forget the name of that company but I want to say it began with an R. It is one of Polaris’s European subsidiaries as I understood from what I read. When I read that I immediately thought of what was posted by Kitulu here.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I discovered today while reviewing the Klim Hardanger that there is some distant truth in Polaris having a business interest in Klim. One of the forums I was on had a link that took me to a euro board that made mention of Klim and a euro company having a business relationship. I forget the name of that company but I want to say it began with an R. It is one of Polaris’s European subsidiaries as I understood from what I read. When I read that I immediately thought of what was posted by Kitulu here.
It would have been Really expensive Bank = ( R ) for that and more lol ( P R = Polaris really expensive Bank lol )

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Have look at Held brand they are quality and well designed to allow air flow and warmth when needed . Once again not cheap but if your not concern about price over quality these are up there with the best I just bought the 2 in one jacket and pants for general riding/ touring and thrilled about how good this brand is they also make full leathers .Check them out on you tube, at least then you will see what I am saying then make up your own mind. Some of the advantages are they are made of Durable, Cordura that gives you the light factor . quality Leather and also have Cool Max depending on what you buy and the application your using them for.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Have been considering both a Klim Hardanger or Aerostich R 3. Aerostich lead times to get one ordered and made take 4 to 6 weeks or so I was told. There is the “light” version vs regular and Aerostich offers several color choices etc. I have been concerned with how hot one of these suits might get regardless of Klim or Aerostich?? Klim is a little more expensive but not much. These suits both offer excellent rain protection not to mention body protection while riding due to armored knee and elbow pads etc. all of this would be nice if you don't go through long periods of sweating to death while riding with them on. Maybe a two piece is a better answer I am not sure. I kind of went through the same thing when I bought a Shoei Neotc II modular helmet for increased safety. Great ultra protective helmet but 1. Heavy on the head, 2. Less peripheral vision which I consider super important and 3. While well vented this helmet is still way too hot for-me for summer riding.....4. I find the helmet claustrophobic as well. I still am trying to get used to it but find myself going back to my my older full face HJC. I hope not to repeat such an expensive mistake with respect to a new riding suit.

Anyway, those are all factors for me are similar concerns I have about a protective riding suit like Klim or Aerostich either one. Will love to hear reviews from riders that have them as they both remain a consideration for me.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Largeandy I would have never considered a Jacket and and pants combination until yesterday after looking at the Held Brand they are such a versatile bit of gear while being light, strong and top quality .I love the fact they have heaps of ventilation ,adjustability to make them fit snug or loose then if it rains you also have the enclosed wet weather part that is so easy to use while being part of the garment. The thought and design is second to none. I would have never ever worn anything like these in our summers but now,I can not see it being a issue and should be a better option then just wearing a long sleeve t shirt as I have I the past because of skin cancers on my arms and legs. Plus the added bonus of having the protection armour that does not feel like your some kind of transformer type. The comfort and light weight plus the tuff protection of the Cordura that is used in the manufacture of car air bags along with the Cool Max makes a great combination. . Funny how things come about ,when I was not really going to buy all this and was only looking to may be buy a jacket such as the Dry Rider. Then bought a slightly more expensive option because of the info on You Tube that helped make an informed decision for me anyway.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Largeandy I would have never considered a Jacket and and pants combination until yesterday after looking at the Held Brand they are such a versatile bit of gear while being light, strong and top quality .I love the fact they have heaps of ventilation ,adjustability to make them fit snug or loose then if it rains you also have the enclosed wet weather part that is so easy to use while being part of the garment. The thought and design is second to none. I would have never ever worn anything like these in our summers but now,I can not see it being a issue and should be a better option then just wearing a long sleeve t shirt as I have I the past because of skin cancers on my arms and legs. Plus the added bonus of having the protection armour that does not feel like your some kind of transformer type. The comfort and light weight plus the tuff protection of the Cordura that is used in the manufacture of car air bags along with the Cool Max makes a great combination. . Funny how things come about ,when I was not really going to buy all this and was only looking to may be buy a jacket such as the Dry Rider. Then bought a slightly more expensive option because of the info on You Tube that helped make an informed decision for me anyway.

Thank you very much for the good info here Geoff, I will check out the Held Brand info asap...….appreciate your post....PS, my daughter in law is from Darwin....a lovely Lass she is.....we are most fortunate to have her in the family...safe riding to you mate...

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thank you very much for the good info here Geoff, I will check out the Held Brand info asap...….appreciate your post....PS, my daughter in law is from Darwin....a lovely Lass she is.....we are most fortunate to have her in the family...safe riding to you mate...
Welcome wow she is one of the hottest places in Australia, Is she in the Navy or Air Force ?. I remember being up there when I drove tour coaches, just after the wet season and there were 2 crocs wondering along the streets.Most of the people living in the city have high wire fences because of that lol. The best areas are south of Darwin ,such as Litchfield & Kakadu National Parks. fantastic areas in the out back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts