Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was interesting news. First, because Laguna Seca is not a track I associate with baggers, and second it seems that Polaris isn't satisfied with it's record in flat track. 13 to 1 is pretty long odds. About any finish is going to be acceptable, but somehow I don't think they're going for "acceptable" here. Unfortunately, I guess we'll all have to wait until the end of October to find out.

King of the Baggers

·
Registered
444 Posts
Time is kinda on their side in this, since they will have extra time to test new parts and combinations. HD definitely has an advantage in aftermarket support but Indian starting with a better foundation IMO. Could lead to some good R&D...

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Been reading about this the other week. For S&S to pass on HD and go with Indian says something about the PS108. Sounds awesome, I'd pay to watch the racing. Here's a article from CW on this.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been reading about this the other week. For S&S to pass on HD and go with Indian says something about the PS108. Sounds awesome, I'd pay to watch the racing. Here's a article from CW on this.
Great article. This cracked me up "We’ve got a ton of experience with air-cooled, pushrod V-twins. It’s where our history is, which also leads us to knowing what their disadvantages are.”
Translation - "We know how to beat Harley."

Question - Have they released the distance and format of the race yet?

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Great article. This cracked me up "We’ve got a ton of experience with air-cooled, pushrod V-twins. It’s where our history is, which also leads us to knowing what their disadvantages are.”
Translation - "We know how to beat Harley."

Question - Have they released the distance and format of the race yet?
Still working out details from what I read

Reactions: Lost Hillbilly

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a true bagger race shouldn't they have to pull over at some point, unpack their luggage, set up a tent, start a fire, pack it all back up, then take off again?
Then, somewhere on the course a truck should cross the road randomly without looking.
I mean if we're going to crown the "King of the Baggers" this has to encompass more than just speed. I want to see some fully loaded machines tackling that corkscrew turn.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,863 Posts
This ia great race. I think Harley is going be embarrassed from the results. The draw back is the only one Indian bike could have a problem or an accident. I have seen lots of movies and sometimes the bad guys use their minions to make the accident happen.

·
Registered
408 Posts
For a true bagger race shouldn't they have to pull over at some point, unpack their luggage, set up a tent, start a fire, pack it all back up, then take off again?
Then, somewhere on the course a truck should cross the road randomly without looking.
I mean if we're going to crown the "King of the Baggers" this has to encompass more than just speed. I want to see some fully loaded machines tackling that corkscrew turn.
Lets not forget the evolution segment of the race, affix a trailer to your bagger overloaded, then send the truck out again!

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Rumor has it as 10-12 laps. Fast track, lots of wide open sections. I think top end HP, handling & good braking should dominate more than torque on this track. Heat could be a factor all. Like to see the custom race radiator S&S fitted on their Challenger.

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Looks like testing has begun...

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Check the photos of their race Challenger and that custom exhaust. Someone has must have gotten into the ECM. Sounds like Roland Sands has an Indian bike in the race now as well.

·
Bronze member
2,012 Posts
Here's a peek into the 2 Indian Challenger teams and their bikes. "FTR forks mounted on a custom adjustable billet triple tree"...nice. The race date is getting close.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts