Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the looks of 2021 line up it appears now can only get vintage in cruiser. No faring. Hard bags. Personally that look is what makes IMCO different. Huge direction mistake hope they Add back later.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Can still get the Springfield with hard bags and vintage look. No fairing of course. The RM still has the classic.

·
Rider
943 Posts
Can still get the Vintage on the website. Vintage always was a soft bags windshield bike or at least that I know of in Polaris days, never liked the soft bags I like to lock my bags. Now the Springfield now there is a bike, Jade and black with 14" apes (I'm shorter) if I didn't like a fairing so much that's what I would have.

Reactions: Kost

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Vintage is one model of Indian bikes, with leather bags and no fairing. Has been the same just in different colors since Polaris started making Indians.

If you’re referring to the classic style with the valanced fenders, there’s the Vintage with leather bags and windshield, new Vintage dark horse(a Chief dark horse with black leather bags now), Springfield with hard bags and windshield, Roadmaster with hard bags fairing and trunk, and Roadmaster Elite with hard bags fairing and trunk. Think the only one they dropped with the valanced style fender is the Chieftain classic and they changed the Chief dark horse to Vintage dark horse. But take the trunk off one of the Roadmaster ones and you got yourself a Chieftain classic.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Why would you want vintage style with a fairing anyway? I think the windshield (or none) looks much more vintage.

·
Bronze member
2,223 Posts
The official naming scheme:
(updated)

Scout Sixty
Scout
Scout Bobber
Scout Sixty Bobber

Chief Classic (naked, gone)
Vintage (tan leather bags with fringe, windshield)
Vintage Darkhorse (new, black leatherbags without fringe, NO windshield)
Chief Darkhorse (naked, gone)
Springfield (windshield, valenced fenders until here, hard bags from here)
Springfield Darkhorse (open fenders, NO windshield)
Chieftain (total confusion re fenders, fairings and style starts here)
Chieftain ...
Road Master
Road Master ...
Challenger
Challenger Darkhorse
Challenger ...

oopsy and the FTR
FTR 1200
FTR 1200 S
FTR 1200 Race Replica
FTR 1200 Rally

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
974 Posts
I would not say the Springfield is a (Chief). Remember the SF shares the touring frame, (I know the Vintage also shares that frame now), the SF was/is a direct competitor to the HD RK. A non-fairing touring bike that can have a trunk if the owner deems necessary. IIRC the Chief and Vintage were the cruiser line and the Bagger line started with the SF.

·
Bronze member
2,223 Posts
I would not say the Springfield is a (Chief). Remember the SF shares the touring frame, (I know the Vintage also shares that frame now), the SF was/is a direct competitor to the HD RK. A non-fairing touring bike that can have a trunk if the owner deems necessary. IIRC the Chief and Vintage were the cruiser line and the Bagger line started with the SF.
Indian themselves meanwhile have ditched the name Chief alltogether from their web site. Even from the Vintage...

Maybe to be reborn later to fill the gap with something new?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts