Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the looks of 2021 line up it appears now can only get vintage in cruiser. No faring. Hard bags. Personally that look is what makes IMCO different. Huge direction mistake hope they Add back later.

·
Rider
1,830 Posts
Respectfully, the vintage was never meant to have hard bags and a faring. It was meant to resemble an updated version the 48 Chief I believe. If you want the old school look with hard bags get a Springfield or buy the vintage and add hard bags. If you want a fairing and what not get the Chieftan or Challenger. They make enough versions to satisfy the different wants. Now I will say I wish they would have more color options for the vintage like the blue, red, black and white. 2020 was also the last year for my willow green and cream.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I think he meant the killed off the Chieftain classic, so you can't get the vintage look there. The Roadmaster base version still has the vintage look, and if you drop the lowers and quick release trunk, it is basically a Chieftain classic. The Springfield still exists with the classic look as well if you want the rounded hard bags.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
With that expensive paint plant, one would think Indian could have more colors if you order a Motorcycle from the factory. A buddy wants a vintage in the cream and green. Alas he can only look to the used market.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It sucks that you have to drop 30g on a RM to get the classic look. All the stuff on the RM I don’t care for to just pull it off. Kind of like a HD move when they dropped the ElectraGlide and made you pay for the extras on the Ultra. Putting another 3 yr extended on my 18 limited I’m good. Nothing they have working for me right now. And those new Harley style saddle bags are flimsy in comparison. Hopefully the challengers motor will be dropped into something else. That Mite get my attention like put it in a Classic ! Lol yeah that’s not happening either

·
Bronze member
4,869 Posts
Polaris learned their lesson with Victory. Which means design bikes for the heard as the heard is a bigger group which in return brings in bigger money. It’s all about economics.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The point is they are actually building the classic and forcing you to buy all the other extras it’s a Harley Davidson move you can say whatever you want it is what it is

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
Don't care for either new cheiftain or challenger. Appears they are not selling very well. Time will tell
The Challenger seems to be selling well from what I've seen. I love my Challenger and the looks of it. It's easy to jump in and say, "I like this kind of bike so they should make it." If they were selling well, good business would dictate that they'd keep making them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of 19 and 20 cheiftain out there. Glad challenger is selling. Keep production numbers low and that keeps up demand.

·
Bronze member
3,122 Posts
It sucks that you have to drop 30g on a RM to get the classic look. All the stuff on the RM I don’t care for to just pull it off. Kind of like a HD move when they dropped the ElectraGlide and made you pay for the extras on the Ultra. Putting another 3 yr extended on my 18 limited I’m good. Nothing they have working for me right now. And those new Harley style saddle bags are flimsy in comparison. Hopefully the challengers motor will be dropped into something else. That Mite get my attention like put it in a Classic ! Lol yeah that’s not happening either
My Challenger bags are not flimsy. I had a 16 RM before and I can’t tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My Challenger bags are not flimsy. I had a 16 RM before and I can’t tell the difference.
You gotta be kidding me you can’t tell the difference. They bend and flex like their gonna break off the hinges no comparison. Even the bags move And flex half as thick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts