Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. Considering the bobber. Random questions:

* Billet style collection - has anybody added contrast parts onto their smoke bike? Wondering if creates an odd 2 tone black look.

* OEM 2-1 exhaust - I read it’s overpriced. I like the look. Wondering if it’s obnoxious or drones. Other 2-1 recommendations?

* See a few OEM parts in the catalogue I like. Dealerships the only option?

* What are the must have upgrades or add ons? What did you guys do first? Atm mine are smoke signals, pathfinder headlight, saddlebag, mid frame cover & luggage rack.

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
For saddle bags I can't recommend Ends Cuoio enough. Better than stock quality at similar price, and a gorgeous finish.

Pathfinder headlight is a fantastic upgrade. SUPER bright in the daylight for visibility.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey. Considering the bobber. Random questions:

* OEM 2-1 exhaust - I read it’s overpriced. I like the look. Wondering if it’s obnoxious or drones. Other 2-1 recommendations?

* What are the must have upgrades or add ons? What did you guys do first? Atm mine are smoke signals, pathfinder headlight, saddlebag, mid frame cover & luggage rack.

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See pics of my bike and signature for details.

Yes, the OEM 2 into 1 exhaust is a bit overpriced but if buying the bike new and added as an option that includes a higher flow intake as well as an OEM tune to go along with it. I think it looks awesome, especially in chrome, and it is a bit louder and deeper than the standard dual exhaust but not at all overly loud or obnoxious.

My main upgrades were Indian's "Comfort seat" - absolutely worth it and dramatically improves the ride comfort -; Kuryakn Mini-Spearboards for driver, stock OEM rear pegs for passenger, Indian LED Pathfinder headlight, Joke Machine lower profile LED front and rear turn signals, Ends Cuio Tomahawk Saddlebags (EC's smallest option and they are indeed small but fit just enough for my needs and aesthetically look great IMHO), and National Cycle's Deflector windscreen. I swapped out the stock handlebars with a used stock Scout set from ebay, for better reduced reach and ALOT less expensive than the OEM reduced reach bar. I did have to get the extended brake line option and also replaced the OEM clutch cable with a Barnett clutch cable 3" longer than stock. On the Scout bar I bought steel threaded bungs for the bar ends which I welded in and used the original mirrors and grips, but oriented the mirrors below rather than topside. A guy on YouTube has a good video on this which helped.

I also have - but not pictured - Corbin's touring pillion passenger seat with backrest. The Corbin seat is very comfortable but I so seldom ride 2 up that I mostly leave it stowed and just take along a cheap ebay suction cup seat which stows in one of the saddlebags and is fine for short 2 up rides. I love the bike, plenty of power and get complimented on it literally every single ride.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Worth looking into, Victory Octane exhausts fit Scout, Scout60 and Bobbers. I have the 2-1 Victory Branded stage 2 exhaust on a Scout60. The dealer here is even interested in trying out the refllash code that came with it. He isnt sure it’ll work but runs real nice either way. I bought mine for $400 new off eBay. Full disclosure, the rear brake pedal needed trimmed slightly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts