Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a keyless fuel cap or ignition on their bike? I did find some universal systems for keyless start, but I don't have too much experience with them and I'm not really interested in modifying the stock harness.

I have a tank bag and it's a PITA to turn my key with my gloves on. I also like the idea of just getting on my bike and going. I'd just leave the fob in my jacket.

·
Bronze member
1,794 Posts
An excellent keyless ignition solution is Digital Guard Dawg. I used them for years prior to buying my Roadmaster.
i too would like to find a keyless fuel cap. I’m surprised Indian didn’t include one in the RSD collection of accessorie.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
2,979 Posts
Digital guard dawg worked great on my scout. It was plug and play, no real modifications to be done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at the manual, the kill switch / starter button uses CAN. Aftermarket keyless starts the kill switch as a supply for the electronics that bypass the ignition switch. So this will require an additional switch to be added to the bike. Does anyone know the connector used for the ignition switch?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't mind using a key. I only wish the FTR had a hinged fuel cap. Seems cheap to have a cap that can roll away, fall on the ground and get scratched.
I put mine on the pump...that way it won’t go anywhere. And you can’t really forget it cause the key is in it...👍😎🇦🇺

1 - 12 of 12 Posts