Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum. How terrific to have all this knowledge at your fingertips. My 2014 Indian chief vintage would not turn over. I had to use the PIN. The battery was dead in the fob. I replaced and it will still not turnover. I have to use the PIN. Any suggestions. Thank you

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum. How terrific to have all this knowledge at your fingertips. My 2014 Indian chief vintage would not turn over. I had to use the PIN. The battery was dead in the fob. I replaced and it will still not turnover. I have to use the PIN. Any suggestions. Thank you
If the PIN is working the fob is faulty go back to the stealer & have them check it out it is covered under warranty

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the PIN is working the fob is faulty go back to the stealer & have them check it out it is covered under warranty
I took it back yesterday and he gave me a new fob all is good. No charge. A & A in Latrobe PA is a good dealership. It is a shame how much Indian makes him charge for accessories. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Mine stopped working Dec.25. Took it to dealership, says they will have to order one. He's not sure if they will charge me. I'm starting it manually. My bike doesn't recognize it! Oh well!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check the battery and the battery tabs. Have not had my indian fob a part, but the harley ones needed the tabs rebent.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I put a new battery. But I'll check the tabs. It just stopped. I don't have much faith in my dealership or their mechanics. He said he ordered new one. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a new battery in mine but it still didn't work. When i got close to the bike there is a little light on the fob that blinks. The new battery made it blink so it was sending a signal but the bike did not start or even turn over. The dealer gave me a new fob and all is good. No charge under warranty. The fob was only 6 months old. I stored the fob in the garage close to the bike. I think this is why the battery died so soon. It must continue to send a signal as long as it is close to the bike. This would shorten battery life quickly.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
This loss of connection seems to be on a number of bikes. Mine went out a couple months in. It took a reprogramming but so far has been fine since then. This is why I really recommend knowing how to put in personal code and remember the original master code . I start my bike with both once in awhile just to remember them....

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
This loss of connection seems to be on a number of bikes. Mine went out a couple months in. It took a reprogramming but so far has been fine since then. This is why I really recommend knowing how to put in personal code and remember the original master code . I start my bike with both once in awhile just to remember them....
THAT is a great suggestion! Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My fob went through the wash, (I know, not the brightest thing to do), is there anywhere we can get a new one or at the very least a spare. I only got one when I got my Chief...sure would be nice to have another one. BTW, the fob still works, but I'd STILL like a spare!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts