Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how to pop the Challenger key fob open? I hate that the key ring attaches to the key that will pop out of the fob -- and drop the fob, never to be seen again -- if you look at it sideways. I'm thinking of drilling a hole through the opposite end to put a ring there instead, but I want to open it up first to see where (or if) it's safe to drill.

(Edited to specify Challenger key fob.)

Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker

Silver member
Does anyone know how to pop the key fob open? I hate that the key ring attaches to the key that will pop out of the fob -- and drop the fob, never to be seen again -- if you look at it sideways. I'm thinking of drilling a hole through the opposite end to put a ring there instead, but I want to open it up first to see where (or if) it's safe to drill.
You just a need a jewelers phillip screwdriver and jewelers flat head screw driver. Take the screw out. gently open the two halves. Might as well put a new battery in it while it is apart. It's a CR2032 available almost anywhere...

Reactions: HyeHog

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You just a need a jewelers phillip screwdriver and jewelers flat head screw driver. Take the screw out. gently open the two halves. Might as well put a new battery in it while it is apart. It's a CR2032 available almost anywhere...
There's no screw on the Challenger remote that I can see. Are you sure you're not talking about the older style round key fob for other models?

Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker

Silver member
There's no screw on the Challenger remote that I can see. Are you sure you're not talking about the older style round key fob for other models?
Yep, I was talking about the older models. You didn't say it was a Challenger, but I now see the post was in the Challenger section, :).

I do all my posting from the "new posts" section so I missed that...

Reactions: Two Buck
1 - 9 of 9 Posts