1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior member / gold
6,233 Posts
I recommend KGs too. He does amazing work. I got a tiny ziplock bag from a jeweler and put my fob in that, and then put it in the fob holder. The fob is not waterproof, from my understanding.

·
Senior member / gold
6,233 Posts
So, being frugal, not cheap... I went looking for a key fob holder and found this:

Centennial Santa Fe 100th Anniversary Lionel Pocket Watch And Belt Holder New 80313074776 | eBay

So, for $15, I thought... Hmmm... 50/50 chance this will work.

So, I ordered it!

So, it arrived today...

and guess what?! IT WORKS!

Me like it... A lot!

Guess I'll just throw the watch in my undies drawer...
I tried one of those. It worked ok, but you'd better get a pocket watch chain for added safety. Those snaps have a tendency to come unsnapped, and if not chained to yourself, you will lose your fob along the road and not even know it. Had it happen a few times, and if my fob had not had the chain backup, I would have been up $hits creek without a paddle. Also, the fob is not waterproof.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
+2 on KG's fob holster.

·
Rider
816 Posts

·
Silver member
3,146 Posts
I went to the added expense and bought jeans that had pockets. I know.. I know.. over the top. But, gosh darn It! I’m worth it!
Added expense.... did you also go for the option of prewashed, slits'n holes, and raggetty/worn spots? Those are the coolest. I know that because my daughter told me so :D

·
Rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tried one of those. It worked ok, but you'd better get a pocket watch chain for added safety. Those snaps have a tendency to come unsnapped, and if not chained to yourself, you will lose your fob along the road and not even know it. Had it happen a few times, and if my fob had not had the chain backup, I would have been up $hits creek without a paddle. Also, the fob is not waterproof.
Now you got me thinking... would a drop or 2 of blue loctite help the snaps hold better?

·
Bronze member
3,098 Posts
Mentioned this before but some of the Indian drivers I met in Sturgis said that they put their key fob in that slot on back of the seat where the back rest goes. All they and any enterprising ne’er do wells have to do is to hop on, crank it up and roll. As long as they’re happy is all that counts I guess.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts