Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brothers and Sisters, Is there interest in meeting at the Beaumont Hotel during it's Sunday Biker Days. I've never attended one of the Sunday events in Beaumont, so if others have and have information to share that would be excellent. I normally go to Cassody and we could meet up there, but it is fairly busy and not a perfect spot to meet up, in my opinion.

If there is interest, we can work up a ride plan from the different directions and ride in together. I will be coming from the Junction City area, so down route 77.

It's close to Oklahoma, so maybe some of those folks would want to meet up as well.

Here is the link to the hotel's biker days.
Biker Weekends | Beaumont Hotel

Peace,
Lucky

·
Registered
590 Posts
Would love to do this some time, just not sure how the social calendar will work out.

I cant seem to plan that far ahead, as things always seem to hit at the last minute around our house.
That is not a complaint, just the truth.

Have a good day, be safe.

4T

Reactions: PE4CE

·
Founding member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.... The weather may not seem like it now, but serious riding is soon to be in our future! Hope to see several Indians in a couple weeks. :)

·
Founding member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure hope the weather improves next weekend!

So, you got a meeting place & time planned yet?

Mike
Since we're all coming from different directions I figured we'd meet in Beaumont itself. However I do see there is a Beaumont Rest Stop just East of town on route 400 I'd be happy to meet whoever wants to there and ride in together... I've never been to this event before, so I'm not 100% on where to go, but I figured it can't be too hard to find the bikes. :) It would be awesome to have several beautiful Indians on hand.

·
Silver member
5,294 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I will be coming through highway 36, over to 75, down to Topeka, and then over to Lawrence to spend some time with my Mom and Dad. According to my planning, I should be rolling across Kansas the 27th of June. Then I will be in Lawrence for 5-6 days. If anybody wants to ride I'd be happy to meet some fellow Kansans.

I'll post something when I get closer to my trip.

BTW, if I was around on the 22nd I would jump in and ride with you!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I will be coming through highway 36, over to 75, down to Topeka, and then over to Lawrence to spend some time with my Mom and Dad. According to my planning, I should be rolling across Kansas the 27th of June. Then I will be in Lawrence for 5-6 days. If anybody wants to ride I'd be happy to meet some fellow Kansans.

I'll post something when I get closer to my trip.

BTW, if I was around on the 22nd I would jump in and ride with you!
36 & 75 is my neck of the woods growing up! Going home the same way? There's some pretty scenery west of Topeka on ks4 & ks99.

Mike

·
Silver member
5,294 Posts
Thanks Mike. I was born and raised in Lawrence. Graduated KU in the 90's. Life and jobs took me to Florida, Washington D.C., and then to California. 27 years in Lawrence, 2 in Florida and D.C., and 20 in California. Always planned to go home and the life happened.

Anyway, been up a ways on 75 years ago. I can't remember ever being on 36, but who knows. My Dad is a Harley guy and in his younger days kind of a picker looking for old 55-57 Chevy's so I used to ride around with him a lot looking for old cars, bikes, windmills, or demolition derby car possibilities.

I am looking forward to seeing that northerly to east section. I figure it will be old school Kansas and no I-70 semis to deal with. Just a cool old highway passing through some great small towns!

·
Founding member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
36 is a nice ride... It would be great to ride with you when you're in the area if Life allows it. :)

SJ, I'm with you in regards to the rain. I'll post here if not heading down. As far as a time, I was thinking 10 am at the hotel. I'll be coming from 77 to 400. Does that work for you? LetsL me leave at 8.

·
Registered
692 Posts
36 is a nice ride... It would be great to ride with you when you're in the area if Life allows it. :)

SJ, I'm with you in regards to the rain. I'll post here if not heading down. As far as a time, I was thinking 10 am at the hotel. I'll be coming from 77 to 400. Does that work for you? LetsL me leave at 8.
That should be fine, I'd leave about 8:30 then.

Mike

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks Mike. I was born and raised in Lawrence. Graduated KU in the 90's. Life and jobs took me to Florida, Washington D.C., and then to California. 27 years in Lawrence, 2 in Florida and D.C., and 20 in California. Always planned to go home and the life happened.

Anyway, been up a ways on 75 years ago. I can't remember ever being on 36, but who knows. My Dad is a Harley guy and in his younger days kind of a picker looking for old 55-57 Chevy's so I used to ride around with him a lot looking for old cars, bikes, windmills, or demolition derby car possibilities.

I am looking forward to seeing that northerly to east section. I figure it will be old school Kansas and no I-70 semis to deal with. Just a cool old highway passing through some great small towns!
36 will be two lane, and late June harvest may be in swing. Just watch the trucks. Once you get to 75, it is still two lane till you get to Holton. Be VERY careful on this stretch! Lot's of trucks, hills, & cars trying to pass. Lots of accidents!

Let me make an alternate route suggestion. Just East of Seneca turn right on k63. Go South to k9. Go East to k62. Go South to k16. Then east to Holton. There's some wicked fun hills south of Soldier on 62! I'd stay on 16 east till k4, then south to us24 or east on 92 to k59. Much more laid back.

If I'm off and you wanna ride k4 from Topeka, let me know, I'll meet ya there.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts