Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rider
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a K&P filter (S1A) for my 19 Chief DH

Changing oil now

How da fuq do you keep that gasket in place on the filter housing while you spin it on?

Called the manuf. No answer. Left message.

At a friends on the bike, so stuck until I figure this out.

Put some oil on it to lubricate it. That helps it stick to the housing until it makes contact on the bike.

Thanks!

·
Bronze member
2,659 Posts
Are you referring to a K+N oil filter?? I ask because I have never heard of a K+P oil filter!! At any rate,the gasket should stay in place in the filter.And like any oil filter,you always "ALWAYS" apply a thin coat of oil,with your finger on the gaskets surface "BEFORE" you screw it on.Then the gasket should stay in place.AND,ALWAYS make sure the surface on the block where the gasket seats is CLEAN BEFORE screwing the filter on.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,025 Posts
Are you referring to a K+N oil filter?? I ask because I have never heard of a K+P oil filter!! At any rate,the gasket should stay in place in the filter.And like any oil filter,you always "ALWAYS" apply a thin coat of oil,with your finger on the gaskets surface "BEFORE" you screw it on.Then the gasket should stay in place.AND,ALWAYS make sure the surface on the block where the gasket seats is CLEAN BEFORE screwing the filter on.
S1 | K and P Engineering

Consider yourself educated now. Dean

·
Rider
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Filled the instructions that came with it. I was trying to put the spare over the factory installed gasket that is seated deep and looked like a ridge for what is actually a spare. The provided instructions are vague and describe using the loose gasket in the package. They called me back.

·
Rider
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put an Indian filter on to get going before they called. I’ll put the K&P on when I do the next change.

·
Rider
824 Posts
Bought 1 (K&P S1) for my 2016 Chieftain, arrived today, looks like a very high quality piece! Will be changing oil and using this filter when the Chieftain comes out of storage this Spring. The high flow capabilities can't hurt either.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Where do you buy the filter? The website does not seem to have an actual storefront...

·
Bronze member
2,659 Posts
I'll keep using my "INFERIOR" Wix #51358 oil filters on my bikes,thank you very much.lol Besides,most of these miracle filters you guys are referring to are more then likely the same filter MADE by Wix,but REBRANDED, MARKED UP in price ,then referred to as "SPECIAL" for YOUR specific brand or model motorcycle.lol lol lol lol
I've been in this business for too many years now to know if and when someone is tryin to take advantage of me or not .lol lol lol But then again,and as you guys should know by now,I'm pretty stupid!! lol lol Dummy Dave!!!:rolleyes::geek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts