Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rider
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the bike at the dealer today and told Dunlap no longer making the E4 for the front unless you want white walls. Still making it for the back, I said well what now he says they are using the Metzlers, as that is the only tire that is proper size unless you want an E3 on the front and an E4 on the back or whitewalls. Anyone else hear this and what did you use instead of the E4's.

·
Rider
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just picked up the bike and got the estimate for two new tires installed Metzler cruisetec at $476.07

·
Rider
681 Posts
Wonder what the problem is?

·
Rider
932 Posts
I hear the metzlers are a really good tire anyway. I hear they stick to the road like glue. I was thinking about going with those next time around anyway.

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
Just picked up the bike and got the estimate for two new tires installed Metzler cruisetec at $476.07
I read a review of those cruisetec in a six month old magazines they were "wow, fantastic" over them, as they are as good as the article claims?

·
Bronze member
1,677 Posts
My 2017 Limited had American Elite 19" on the front and Elite3 when purchased. I replaced it with the same on front and Elite4 on the rear. I have not seen an Elite4 for the front.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I just put Elite 4's on my RM three weeks ago before my knee surgery. I wanted the bike ready to go when I heal up. The Dunlop website still lists the Elite 4 for the front as well. Maybe a mix-up?

·
Administrator
14,671 Posts
My guys (Indian of Denver) have front and back E4’s in stock — have not heard anything about Dunlop stopping production on front tires. (Why would they do that, anyway?} For OP / @Brutus1996, do you trust your guys? Are you sure they’re not upselling you to the Metzlers?

- afterthought : I’m on a 2015 Roadmaster, which at least for that year (and at least some of the subsequent years) was the same as Chieftain. I just assume that still holds true but you know what they say about assumptions... what year is your Chieftain?

·
Rider
421 Posts
Of course the light just went on in my head..... Dunlop is making the E4 front for the 16" rim and not the 19". Doh!

·
Rider
932 Posts
If I remember correctly the price difference for a set of e4's verses a set of metzger cruisetec's was about the same.

·
Administrator
14,671 Posts
You s/b good then — if you don’t want the Metzlers. I hear they are great tires and as @windhorse said, they are actually slightly less $$ than the E4’s. Their only disadvantage is that they will not have the longevity of the E4’s — I’ve got nearly 20k mi on mine and the Metzlers typically run 12k mi from what I’ve heard/ read.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just put on a pair of the CRUISETECs. They feel good but I only have a couple of hundred miles mostly highway. Looking forward to see how they handle on my challenging roads and in the rain. I hope to get more 12k out of them. Replaced my e3 at 14k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will most likely go with them, they said I should be able to get another 3-4K from my E3's. Jut need things to get back to normal and get some work first!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts