Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Central Texas from North Carolina and am looking for a shop that will do some work on my scout. I need a dent repaired on the tank and am planning on going for an upgrade across the board. I just need a shop that knows Indians. what i want done is:

repair tank, then paint it and fenders (nothing fancy)
add- exhaust, intake, apes, suspension, and changes lights
tune it

Can anybody recommend a quality shop that knows Indian?

·
Rider
1,033 Posts
Central Texas is pretty broad - where did you move to?

Killeen, Temple, Round Rock, Austin, Fredericksburg?

·
Founding member
1,482 Posts
You say in Central TX. That's a pretty large land area. I live in Waco which is about as central as you can get.

For paint work I use Slaters at 16116 St Hwy 31 in Dawson. 254-578-1446. He recently painted my fairings on my 2018 Roadmaster. He has also repainted a couple of Chieftains. Don't be fooled by the building or the look of the owner. Does good work and has reasonable prices.

For service on my older bikes, such as my Drifter I use Centex Cycle shop owned by Martin Garcia. He's located in the country between Waco and Lorena. He has of course done a lot of work on Jap bikes and Harleys but has recently done quite a bit of service and customizing work on the newer Indians. Charges about half what and Indian dealer would and does good work. Again don't be fooled by the looks of his shop. His number is 254-633-1425

In both of the above cases you would need to get an appointment as they have quite a bit of work. Especially Martin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Central Texas is pretty broad - where did you move to?

Killeen, Temple, Round Rock, Austin, Fredericksburg?
I'm living in temple, but Im willing to travel a bit for good work. Really, if it's in a geographic bubble between San Antonio and Dallas , I'd be willing to drive there.

One shop I'm Austin gave me a spook, when he said he didn't know anyone in Austin That does work on Indian. He said he's heard of people working on them, but not doing a good job because "nobody down here really knows anything about them". That was the highest rated shop on yelp

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I'm living in temple, but Im willing to travel a bit for good work. Really, if it's in a geographic bubble between San Antonio and Dallas , I'd be willing to drive there.

One shop I'm Austin gave me a spook, when he said he didn't know anyone in Austin That does work on Indian. He said he's heard of people working on them, but not doing a good job because "nobody down here really knows anything about them". That was the highest rated shop on yelp
Dream Machines in Roundrock dropped the Indian line. Their top mechanic was trained for both Victory and Indian. I had good luck with them. You might check. I suspect they will do non-warranty work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Indian dealer right there on the 190/35 interchange is could probably do the work, although they do tend to charge more for things than others, at least from the maintenance i've had done there. Other than that, I'm not sure of anywhere else without a little ride, like Dallas. I'm here in Salado so everything I need is always done at the dealer outside of oil changes. Wouldn't hurt to ask them, they just moved into that building a few months ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts