Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1 with Chief Signguru...I have the Indian recurve (lower and wider than stock) with the Indian wind deflectors...zero buffeting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a jrock 15" flip windshield and the Indian fork guards. Turbulence isn't horrible, but it does wobble my open helmet with a visor. I removed the visor and installed the face shield which smooths out the helmet bobble.

I don't think either set of fork leg shields are very visually attractive. There are functionally attractive like a BMW motorcycle.:D:D:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed jes wind deflectors yesterday on my Springfield an wow the difference they make is awesome and quality of thes deflectors are superb in quality an finish worth every penny every one should have these on their bikes

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Painted and mounted the new lower wind deflectors from JESCustomAccents.

They work great, cut down on air coming up underneath the fairing on my 2015 Chieftain, makes riding more enjoyable especially in the cooler weather this time of year here in the Texas Hill Country.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
They are functionally attractive like a BMW motorcycle.:D:D:D
You mean in the same way that a hammer is functionally attractive, right?

The guys in Germany don't refer to them as a "farm implement" for nothing.

WD./

·
Bronze member
1,182 Posts
Painted and mounted the new lower wind deflectors from JESCustomAccents.

They work great, cut down on air coming up underneath the fairing on my 2015 Chieftain, makes riding more enjoyable especially in the cooler weather this time of year here in the Texas Hill Country.

@Roadie Very nice! At what speeds do you feel the blockage from wind buffeting? (Cruising speeds (5th & 6th gear), or lower speed?) Do you see yourself using them year round or only attaching during the colder riding months? Did you attach or dealer? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
@Roadie Very nice! At what speeds do you feel the blockage from wind buffeting? (Cruising speeds (5th & 6th gear), or lower speed?) Do you see yourself using them year round or only attaching during the colder riding months? Did you attach or dealer? Thanks!!!
I cruise a lot around 70 to 75, noticeable blocking wind at around 45 miles per hour and up.

I will ride with them until the temps stay over 85 degrees daily, which is many months here in the Texas Hill Country.

They work really nice in conjunction with a pair of soft lowers mounted on the front crash bars during the central Texas winters.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Here are pictures of the wind deflectors from JESCustomAccents along with the soft lowers from sagebrushdesigns on my 2015 Chieftain.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Sure - I called Joe before ordering, he was very helpful. They are designed to funnel air in toward the engine which I thought was a good idea and they do help with head buffeting, more than the OEM ones, my option only.
I agree, same experience for me with the wind deflectors from JESCustomAccents.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Well, might as well add my 2cents worth on them there JES wind deflectors, talked to Joe about them and decided to order a set to try, and for a Yankee ( mean that in a nice way cause he sure is friendly, even while on vacation took time to talk to me ) Yep, they do work and am very pleased with them and his service.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts