Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem..... the rubber grips make my fingrs numb.. so wut to do paid the waayy over price for the leather grips wraps and guess wut they work no more finger numbness 50.00 well spent

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem..... the rubber grips make my fingrs numb.. so wut to do paid the waayy over price for the leather grips wraps and guess wut they work no more finger numbness 50.00 well spent
Same problem with me. Guess I'll make the trip to the dealer and get a set. Many thanx!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Another options is to completely change out the grips. I went with AVON air-pocket grips last year and couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dint want to change them out as I like thr rubber grips the small diameter of them is good for my arthritic hands/ have larger grips on my dyna and my hands cramp up so badly.Even though the wrap makes them larger they are still smaller and still all original.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Had Avon Air Grips on the Victory Almost right after Purchase .. Have Loved them for 70,000+ Miles .. I see them for the Scout will be on there ASAP ..

·
Registered
833 Posts
The stock grips are really tacky and tend to leave black striations on the inside of the clutch lever. It's kinda nasteee.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same thing here. I was wondering if the $59.99 leather grip wrap would work for me. I thought its a high price to pay as an experiment but you have given me the courage to take the plunge. Im feeling better about the purchase. I don't need them to be a lot bigger just a little something extra would be nice. Just finished a 2448 mile road trip and the grips even felt sticky at times so the covers are on my gotta have list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts