Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum today. Just picked up my first motorcycle, a gently used 2018 scout bobber. LOVE IT. My hubby has a Chieftain, so I clearly couldnt purchase a Harley!

What good all weather coats does everyone like out there. I wear a mens large, womes XL shirt and am finding a lot of coats dont cater to a bigger size? Suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
CZ Mate (great name)
Welcome. Fantastic scooter!
I was asking a salesman why one jacket is tight and another by the same manufacturer in the same size isn’t. His reply is that jackets with armor (which I like) should fit tighter such that the armor doesn’t rotate away from protecting you in a crash. I’ve got a Scorpion jacket that while on the tighter side has great armor. In addition it has zippers and panels that open open to make it a 3+!season garment.
Enjoy the ride. Keep the black side on all sides (bad dark horse humor). NM

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,995 Posts
Indian branded clothing is pricey but I buy anyhow. There are plenty of good riding wear companies out there. Leather jackets are generally preferred in cooler weather and the nylon/kevlar kind work better when it's warmer but can have removable liners for cooler weather. Mesh jackets are the trick for warm to hot weather riding. Don't forget rain gear if you plan on any trips as you will get caught in rain eventually.

·
Super Moderator
10,924 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike.

My lovely wife Julie wears a Victory leather coat and just stashes a rain gear for inclement weather. Works great. (She rides a Vic CCT and has put 85k mi on the odometer, so she’s pretty knowledgeable.) Another good choice that one of her female rider friend wears is the Tourmaster Motive. Tourmaster has a whole line of ladies’ jackets and they are all well-designed and constructed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
In cooler weather, layers are your friend as long as your base layer doesn't hold sweat (is "wicking"). Then you just need something to break the wind.

Congratulations on the bobber and welcome.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wow! My wife drools over that bike....

But, she's learning on a 250. Scout shopping next year.

Pretty rugged learning on a 100hp machine!

She's been wearing my size large Victory jacket. We really need to find a place to try stuff on. Sizes are all over the place.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Just found this forum today. Just picked up my first motorcycle, a gently used 2018 scout bobber. LOVE IT. My hubby has a Chieftain, so I clearly couldnt purchase a Harley!

What good all weather coats does everyone like out there. I wear a mens large, womes XL shirt and am finding a lot of coats dont cater to a bigger size? Suggestions ?

tell ya CZ,, my wife wears my old navy leather bomber jacket. It’s a XL and fits her really good. And for her birthday,, I got her a WW2 fighter pilot leather skull cap and the ol school goggles. A red scarf like snoopy would be a perfect finisher,, maybe for Christmas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats on the bike.The first bike is special. With a scout as a first bike, you should be careful. There's actually quite a bit of power available.

As has already been mentioned, RevZilla is an excellent source of info and a great place to buy after you have made your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tell ya CZ,, my wife wears my old navy leather bomber jacket. It’s a XL and fits her really good. And for her birthday,, I got her a WW2 fighter pilot leather skull cap and the ol school goggles. A red scarf like snoopy would be a perfect finisher,, maybe for Christmas.
Fun!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts