Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Peak hp is around 6k rpm. It’s a very capable bike. Just a bit too low for serious leaning, so be aware that it will scrape off you’re really getting it in the corners.

Reactions: PeacePipe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi y’all,
Just purchased my Scout the other day and so far- really like it. Any of you riders that have owned one for a while have any tips for me? View attachment 609795
Welcome to the Tribe! Nice looking ride. Had mine for a little over 2 weeks, and it already had it's 500 miles service. I was looking at couple difference makes of motorcycle, but fell in love with the Scout after test riding it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peak hp is around 6k rpm. It’s a very capable bike. Just a bit too low for serious leaning, so be aware that it will scrape off you’re really getting it in the corners.
Thanks for the tip! I recently sold my FZ-09 and was looking for something a bit easier to ride. This one fits the bill. With the floorboards I have on it the turns aren’t an issue.

·
German Rider
1,670 Posts
Welcome from germany. Just bought a 2020 Scout ICON for my wife. I ride a 2018 Roadmaster. Both bikes compared? The scout is a really great bike, but for me at 1,89m and 106kg a bit small. Great for commuting to work and back, but I would prefer the Roadmaster anytime. I love the motor character of the 111/116 way more than the 69cui of the scout.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger Limited in Bright Freaking Red!
65 Posts
Best advice I can give you is...crank that throttle baby!!! Wooo hooo! Scout was my first bike, and I’ll always love it! Yours is sharp looking, and I just can’t imagine anyone not loving it! Congrats, and welcome to the Tribe!

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
Gear shifts were a high learning curve for me. The torque allows for low rpm but it revs up easy so even if I begin at a slow speed the Scout wants to move ahead of my next anticipated upshift.
That usually means I need to keep throttle on when I let out the clutch or I cause an unwanted deceleration.

Not as noticeable once speeding along and out of first or second gear.

Of course there’s the fact I was coming from an old Yamaha 750.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! You're going to love that Scout. The floorboards have feeler pegs on the bottom and they scrape when you lean it over hard. The best thing about your Scout? Crank open that throttle in 3rd gear and you'll have a grin on your face for days! The only drawback for me was that the seat was uncomfortable after an hour or two. I solved that with a Russell Day Long.

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

Any of you riders that have owned one for a while have any tips for me?
I've been happy with my Scout for just shy of 5 years now. As others have stated, don't be afraid of RPM - peak power is higher in the band. If you bought a used, older model and have problems with the starter, get a battery with more cold cranking amps (CCA) or keep the bike warm with a space heater or the like if you live in cold weather.

Other than that - get out and ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

I've been happy with my Scout for just shy of 5 years now. As others have stated, don't be afraid of RPM - peak power is higher in the band. If you bought a used, older model and have problems with the starter, get a battery with more cold cranking amps (CCA) or keep the bike warm with a space heater or the like if you live in cold weather.

Other than that - get out and ride.

View attachment 609927
Hey what pipes are you sporting on your Scout? I'm leaning towards Reinharts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts