Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and dropped it about three hours after getting it, and now the abs light stays on. front brake seems to stutter( promptly fell three more times testing that out.)

Any idea what the problem might be?

·
Bronze member
1,813 Posts
Sorry to hear that you dropped your new bike. I hope it wasn't damaged like mine on first day (fell over in trailer on way home after buying- 1 mile on spedo).
I wish I could answer your question on ABS. Did you bend or damage brake caliper?

·
Rider
910 Posts
Welcome to the Tribe!!! Well, you got that over with...LOL...Hope you didn't damage much. Yea, I would ck the brake caliper. An make sure the brake lever isn't sticking especially if it fell on the right side...

·
Rider
462 Posts
and dropped it about three hours after getting it, and now the abs light stays on. front brake seems to stutter( promptly fell three more times testing that out.)

Any idea what the problem might be?
So you dropped the bike, then dropped it three more times testing your front brake? What’s going on there, bud? Are you clamping down hard when the bars are at full lock? I’m just not sure what’s going on here. Glad you’re okay though.

·
Read Only
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you dropped the bike, then dropped it three more times testing your front brake? What’s going on there, bud? Are you clamping down hard when the bars are at full lock? I’m just not sure what’s going on here. Glad you’re okay though.
When I brake it starts jumping, I'd test it again but I sprained my ankle when it fell on me. Going to wait til I get crash bars before trying again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I’d get it to a dealer and get it checked out. Then get yourself to a rider safety course before you kill yourself. ;)

·
Read Only
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the course a couple of months ago, figured out the problem too. Brakes seem to jump on and off in the rear like they're slipping. Front brakes work perfectly fine. Going to bleed the rear brakes before taking it to a dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts