Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the slightly smaller Dart Classic on my 2017 Scout.
I agree with you. Fit is perfect, and the quality is to a very high standard.
Shipping is very quick too, as you said.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Design of the Dart Marlin fits very well with the Scouts!
If anyone is interested , they are available here:
Indian Scout Marlin Windshield
Shipping it to US only took a week.
View attachment 405158
Looks great! FYI, I was looking at your mods with your picture enlarged, when I noticed that the electrical connector for your tail light is not flush against the bracket, get some black zipties and secure that connector down, before the rear tire starts chewing on it. Happened to mine, fortunately I caught it before it ate up the connector. Good job on your mods, warbonnet looks good on that dark bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is not bad looking at all. How is it at speed on the highway? Any buffeting? I hear that's a problem sometimes with the bog standard Indian windscreens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for posting this, btw. I liked the look so much I put one of the light tinted ones on order. The brackets are out of stock at the moment, so I'll be seeing it some time early next month.

Reactions: WENDIGO

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Going with OEM 21” windscreen
10” apes, bags, floorboards
Need to take a trip
Crusher pipes love that sound

·
Rider
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great! FYI, I was looking at your mods with your picture enlarged, when I noticed that the electrical connector for your tail light is not flush against the bracket, get some black zipties and secure that connector down, before the rear tire starts chewing on it. Happened to mine, fortunately I caught it before it ate up the connector. Good job on your mods, warbonnet looks good on that dark bike.
I checked the connector and there is actually quite a bit of distance from the tire and there are 2 zippies holding it back. Thanks for the heads up though much appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Installed mine over the weekend. Only took about 15 minutes and two hex wrenches.

Also took it for a shakedown run at speed. Did a great job shielding my center mass while still allowing air flow to my helmet vents. Good initial impression.

BTW, those are reduced reach handlebars. Should give you an idea where the top of the screen comes to if you're sporting those.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
Scout 60, Chieftain, previously owned Honda Goldwing, CB360 first bike
213 Posts
To keep this thread going: I recently purchased the Dart Marlin. I read all your comments. I don’t think the looks of the Dart detract from bike’s design. The Dart makes a big difference when on interstate. If 70mph had seemed fast w/o a screen, it’s now a breeze with a Dart.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just order a Marlin for my Sixty. Look great and good reviews, best for $169 shield out there.

·
Rider
1,453 Posts
I added script too. LoL. Mine is a vinyl lay on though. Had two, one on my Master Chief trunk and had this sitting around. I like it. View attachment 535814
I'm going over to a sign shop and have them make the vinyl logo, I found the vector graphic for it online. At the same time I am going to have one made in black that fits on the back of my helmet. I have the black & pearl white Sixty so I got a FLY Revolt in glossy white. I really like the total look and white helmets are supposed to be more easily seen by the numbnuts driving cars.

Question: I see you have the Marlin raised high, pretty good space between it and the headlamp. So you see a difference compared to having the smaller "finger thickness" space? Right now mine is close to the headlight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.