Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update _ April 26th - So after Indian couldn't ship my bags, I ended going with a company in Italy. It took them a week to make the bags and only 3 days to ship it via Fed Ex. Love the look of the bags but don't like how they lock. However, the bags itself were very easy to install , fit great , just as pricey as Indian but at least I now have bags. They even sent me a matching tool bag but doesn't fit on my bike. I will use it when I travel as it can easily be straped on to another bag. Rack bag I ordered through ebay and that is to arrive by next Tuesday. So here is a pic of the bags and bike now. One is me on my bike in the shed anxious to take it out. (Which I did yesterday). :) Bags were great for groceries. lol

Hi Ladies,
I just found this forum and happy to have found this distraction from all the horrible stuff happening in this world right now.
I'm a Canadian rider, have been riding since 2005. A few years ago a friend of mine purchased a Scout and I fell inlove with the look and the feel.
I finally found a used bike for sale, a 2016 Scout. Purchased it Feb 29th and still sitting at the dealer as I wanted them to put on a few accessories, windshield, heated grips, engine guard and a place for my phone for gps. I purchased the bike without test riding it so I'm a little nervous but it was winter and I heard so many great things on the Scout that I leaped at the chance inorder not to pass up the deal. I currently own a Honda Shadow aero 750cc (currently up for sale) so I'm really looking forward to having the extra power on the Scout. I had ordered a pair of saddle bags from Viking but after 3 weeks of issues with usps, they never arrived and the order was cancelled. The dealer I purchased the bike then found some saddleman bags online that said it would fit. So they ordered it in for me and unfortunately they do not fit. They said part of the reason is because I don't have a passenger seat, my scout just comes with the rear luggage rack. Those particular bags they said just hung to low and they couldn't get them on properly. They are going to give me a store credit and I'm back to square one, hoping to find bags where they can be shipped direct to the dealer so they can install it for me in the upcoming week if possible. I love the look of the Indian leather bags but I really did not want to spend over 1000K on bags if possible. Can anyone make a recommendation where I can purchase a decent pair of bags for the 2016 Scout that will ship to Canada or are in Canada? I live specifically in Ontario. I'm thinking black bags as my bike is red and has a black corbin seat with red trim and a black engine guard. I do love the look of the tan bags but I think black would suit my bike better. Would love to see photos of all your bikes and when mine finally arrives I will post a photo. Really appreciate any suggestions on bags. Thank you and hope you all have a great weekend!

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,995 Posts
Congrats on the Scout. U.S. Saddlebags makes very nice ones for the Scout. MY dealer, Indian of Toledo had a set of Indian Scout bags that were scraped at the bottom edge on one bag and wanted to sell them cheap. I don't know if they still have them plus they're temporarily shut down due to the Covid pandemic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I decided to cave in and go direct to Indian and buy the bags. I figure this will probably be my last bike now as I get older and Indian can get them to the dealer possibly by next Friday. Means my bike can get delivered to me hopefully within the next 2 weeks and hopefully somethings will be reopened by then for pit stops when riding. :) The bags are my last splurge for a very long time. I could have taken a vacation with the pricing, lol but won't be going anywhere but riding this year. Hope you and all your families are staying healthy!

·
Rider
624 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Be sure to post a pic of your Scout when done. Congrats on your new ride. I’ve been to Ontario numerous times over the years. My best friend lives in Wasaga Beach and I have several friends in KW. Be safe and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and congrats on your new Indian. I bet you cannot wait to get your bike on the road. Post a photo when you get your hands on it. :)

Kathy
Yes, very excited and praying it will ride like everyone tells me so that I will have no regrets. I still can't believe I bought the bike without a test ride but I do trust the dealership and all the people that told me that it's an awesome riding bike. It's nice to be excited about something now a days. Have to keep moving forward and cannot wait to try have it home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, very excited and praying it will ride like everyone tells me so that I will have no regrets. I still can't believe I bought the bike without a test ride but I do trust the dealership and all the people that told me that it's an awesome riding bike. It's nice to be excited about something now a days. Have to keep moving forward and cannot wait to try have it home.
Hi Kathy and everyone else. My bike was delivered last week. Only been able to go for a very short ride but I'm loving it. Backrest should arrive next week. Bags got cancelled again due to the stores being forced to close down so in search again for bags. I used a temporary bag that I had around the house for a rear rack bag but have ordered another one that is designed for the scout through ebay. So hopefully that will show up. Here are 3 pics of my bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Kathy and everyone else. My bike was delivered last week. Only been able to go for a very short ride but I'm loving it. Backrest should arrive next week. Bags got cancelled again due to the stores being forced to close down so in search again for bags. I used a temporary bag that I had around the house for a rear rack bag but have ordered another one that is designed for the scout through ebay. So hopefully that will show up. Here are 3 pics of my bike. View attachment 584548 View attachment 584549 View attachment 584550
That is wonderful! I am glad that you are enjoying getting to know your new ride. It is unfortunate that your bags were cancelled, as the Indian bags are so attractive on the bike but I bet the folks over in the Scout-specific areas of this forum have some great alternatives to show you. :)

Kathy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is wonderful! I am glad that you are enjoying getting to know your new ride. It is unfortunate that your bags were cancelled, as the Indian bags are so attractive on the bike but I bet the folks over in the Scout-specific areas of this forum have some great alternatives to show you. :)

Kathy
Thank you. Last night I was speaking with a company in Italy and they have no issues shipping to Canada in that part of Italy. So I am taking my chances as have had very good communications with them and they have good reviews. I have placed an order with them. No cheaper though than Indian bags but they will come with the locks I want and will also have the red trim around the black. I also ordered a bag for the tank and they are gifting me a tool bag. Hopefully I will get this order in the next 3 weeks. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank you. Last night I was speaking with a company in Italy and they have no issues shipping to Canada in that part of Italy. So I am taking my chances as have had very good communications with them and they have good reviews. I have placed an order with them. No cheaper though than Indian bags but they will come with the locks I want and will also have the red trim around the black. I also ordered a bag for the tank and they are gifting me a tool bag. Hopefully I will get this order in the next 3 weeks. :)
Cool. I hope you post pics when you get it all dressed out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update _ April 26th - So after Indian couldn't ship my bags, I ended going with a company in Italy. It took them a week to make the bags and only 3 days to ship it via Fed Ex. Love the look of the bags but don't like how they lock. However, the bags itself were very easy to install , fit great , just as pricey as Indian but at least I now have bags. They even sent me a matching tool bag but doesn't fit on my bike. I will use it when I travel as it can easily be straped on to another bag. Rack bag I ordered through ebay and that is to arrive by next Tuesday. So here is a pic of the bags and bike now. One is me on my bike in the shed anxious to take it out. (Which I did yesterday). :) Bags were great for groceries. lol

Hi Ladies,
I just found this forum and happy to have found this distraction from all the horrible stuff happening in this world right now.
I'm a Canadian rider, have been riding since 2005. A few years ago a friend of mine purchased a Scout and I fell inlove with the look and the feel.
I finally found a used bike for sale, a 2016 Scout. Purchased it Feb 29th and still sitting at the dealer as I wanted them to put on a few accessories, windshield, heated grips, engine guard and a place for my phone for gps. I purchased the bike without test riding it so I'm a little nervous but it was winter and I heard so many great things on the Scout that I leaped at the chance inorder not to pass up the deal. I currently own a Honda Shadow aero 750cc (currently up for sale) so I'm really looking forward to having the extra power on the Scout. I had ordered a pair of saddle bags from Viking but after 3 weeks of issues with usps, they never arrived and the order was cancelled. The dealer I purchased the bike then found some saddleman bags online that said it would fit. So they ordered it in for me and unfortunately they do not fit. They said part of the reason is because I don't have a passenger seat, my scout just comes with the rear luggage rack. Those particular bags they said just hung to low and they couldn't get them on properly. They are going to give me a store credit and I'm back to square one, hoping to find bags where they can be shipped direct to the dealer so they can install it for me in the upcoming week if possible. I love the look of the Indian leather bags but I really did not want to spend over 1000K on bags if possible. Can anyone make a recommendation where I can purchase a decent pair of bags for the 2016 Scout that will ship to Canada or are in Canada? I live specifically in Ontario. I'm thinking black bags as my bike is red and has a black corbin seat with red trim and a black engine guard. I do love the look of the tan bags but I think black would suit my bike better. Would love to see photos of all your bikes and when mine finally arrives I will post a photo. Really appreciate any suggestions on bags. Thank you and hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi Ladies,
I just ordered these for mine,
Indian Scout Lamellar Extra Large Shock Cutout Saddlebag
will be deliever today, cant wait

·
Banned
31 Posts

Kathy
....Thou not being "stock", on my Scout, these accessory bags have done more than they're needed to do, via Indian, being worth their costs....not showing much, they're convertible & very rugged...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here is the latest pic with my Italian bags and Indian bag for the rear rack. Finally got to take my bike out for a good ride yesterday, Other than the clutch (which I plan on replacing) it rides like a dream. Clutch way too stiff and far from my handlebars to reach but have been given some alternatives which I'm going to try one of them hopefully soon. Yesterday was Women's International Ride Day so I rode to a winery for curbside pick up of a nice bottle of wine. Hope you were all able to get out and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
So here is the latest pic with my Italian bags and Indian bag for the rear rack. Finally got to take my bike out for a good ride yesterday, Other than the clutch (which I plan on replacing) it rides like a dream. Clutch way too stiff and far from my handlebars to reach but have been given some alternatives which I'm going to try one of them hopefully soon. Yesterday was Women's International Ride Day so I rode to a winery for curbside pick up of a nice bottle of wine. Hope you were all able to get out and enjoy!
Your Scout is looking good. Glad you are getting out. I think that IFRD was rescheduled to August , possibly the 22nd. I am sure you won't mind getting out for a second jaunt with other women across the globe. I rode this Saturday, too, and enjoyed this Spring weather immensely. :)

Kathy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks all, I decided to cave in and go direct to Indian and buy the bags. I figure this will probably be my last bike now as I get older and Indian can get them to the dealer possibly by next Friday. Means my bike can get delivered to me hopefully within the next 2 weeks and hopefully somethings will be reopened by then for pit stops when riding. :) The bags are my last splurge for a very long time. I could have taken a vacation with the pricing, lol but won't be going anywhere but riding this year. Hope you and all your families are staying healthy!
YOU WILL love them , I did the same with my 2018 Scout.. expensive , but well worth the look, very rich and sassy! NOT very big but SHARP! ;-) I love mine and my Scout!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts