Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me liking the bare and clean look the most? No, the ride without shield/fairing and bags is not the most comfortable ride and not just once I thought if I maybe should pay more attention to function. But then I see her like this and hear myself saying "it´s alright, it´s okay, I won´t change it".

Removed passenger pegs yesterday. Also adjusted rear shock preload for my weight resulting in lowering the back by 2.5 cm (approx. 1 inch) which I like very much. No issues in riding but a much better look.

cheers Mike

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycling
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Sidecar

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I'm with you on that sentiment Mikel! I just purchased a second Indian and it is the Chief Classic in Burgundy and Black, and it was all about that look! Stock, clean, and takes you back in time.

·
Bronze member
1,594 Posts
I’m with you too on the leaner cleaner look, though I prefer to have, and don’t mind the look of, saddlebags. And of course I’ve added highway bars to mine too. But these bikes are just too good looking all by themselves, trimmed down to the bare essentials, and as I’ve said many times, I’m amazed at how little wind I get, really, even at highway speeds. I have no plans to put any windshield on mine. That front nacelle somehow does a good job, apparently, of pushing a lot of the wind up and over, at least for me.

Gorgeous bike!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with you on that sentiment Mikel! I just purchased a second Indian and it is the Chief Classic in Burgundy and Black, and it was all about that look! Stock, clean, and takes you back in time.
I recently saw one of those in Burgundy and Black at the dealer. Man, what a beautiful bike! Congrats on your purchase, an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m with you too on the leaner cleaner look, though I prefer to have, and don’t mind the look of, saddlebags. And of course I’ve added highway bars to mine too. But these bikes are just too good looking all by themselves, trimmed down to the bare essentials, and as I’ve said many times, I’m amazed at how little wind I get, really, even at highway speeds. I have no plans to put any windshield on mine. That front nacelle somehow does a good job, apparently, of pushing a lot of the wind up and over, at least for me.

Gorgeous bike!
I remember your frustrating effort in finding a shield, that works for you. So you decided to ride without shield? Good decision! From time to time I am using my super low self cut shield and it works good for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts