Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

June Ride of the Month Contest.

8K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  mbfsu 
#1 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!

May's ROTM WInner @burnscs

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
2019 INDIAN SCOUT 60

Custom Fabricated front & rear fender
12" MERCENARY APE HANGER HANDLEBARS 1 1/4 Tubing
K-TECH Bullit Rear Shocks
Freedom Performance Radical Radius Exhaust
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Dynojet - Power Vision 3 Tuner
Motogadget m-Grip Billet Aluminum Grips
Motogadget m-Blaze Disc Bar End LED Turn Signal
J.W. Speaker 8690 Adaptive 2 LED 5 3/4" Headlight
Custom Swingarm bag with Red Seams by Endscuoio
Custom hand painted engine accent trim and engine Allen bolts
Blacked out Speedometer bezel
Levers powder coated in blk
Custom fabricated horizontal license plate relocator
1920 Indian Solo Saddle Seat
Klock Werks Radiator mesh Guard (powder coated in red)
Kuryakyn Spring Chin Spoiler painted in blk with Red trim
Ignition Cover custom painted (blk/red)
Thermostat Cover custom painted (blk/red)
Tankmachine Headlight grill (painted in blk)
39mm blk fork boots
Indian floorboards
Trask V-Line Shifter Peg For Harley. Custom fitted for my Indian (custom painted with red accents)
Arlen Ness Rad II Mirror
Custom Tank Decal
Tail Art Primary Cover (Custom Painted)
Strator Cover (Custom Painted)
Custom Tomato style rear tail light
Bullet style rear turn signals
Indian Low Fly Windscreen
Powder coated fork legs (blk)
Kuryakyn Swing Arm Frame Accent (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Radiator Side Accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Side Cover Frame Accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Neck Frame accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Rear swingarm end Cover (Powder coated in Satin Blk)

Best memory was pulling up at a stop light in town right next to a Harley Sportster and a Dyna and both riders give the thumbs up. But the best part was when the truck to the left of us with 4 four men and the passenger sticks his head out the window and screams out loud pointing at my bike yelling "THAT FREAKN' INDIAN KICKS ASS ON BOTH THEM BIKES (pointing at the Harley's) PUT TOGETHER" How do you respond to that? LOL
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

#4 ·
2019 INDIAN SCOUT 60

Custom Fabricated front & rear fender
12" MERCENARY APE HANGER HANDLEBARS 1 1/4 Tubing
K-TECH Bullit Rear Shocks
Freedom Performance Radical Radius Exhaust
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Dynojet - Power Vision 3 Tuner
Motogadget m-Grip Billet Aluminum Grips
Motogadget m-Blaze Disc Bar End LED Turn Signal
J.W. Speaker 8690 Adaptive 2 LED 5 3/4" Headlight
Custom Swingarm bag with Red Seams by Endscuoio
Custom hand painted engine accent trim and engine Allen bolts
Blacked out Speedometer bezel
Levers powder coated in blk
Custom fabricated horizontal license plate relocator
1920 Indian Solo Saddle Seat
Klock Werks Radiator mesh Guard (powder coated in red)
Kuryakyn Spring Chin Spoiler painted in blk with Red trim
Ignition Cover custom painted (blk/red)
Thermostat Cover custom painted (blk/red)
Tankmachine Headlight grill (painted in blk)
39mm blk fork boots
Indian floorboards
Trask V-Line Shifter Peg For Harley. Custom fitted for my Indian (custom painted with red accents)
Arlen Ness Rad II Mirror
Custom Tank Decal
Tail Art Primary Cover (Custom Painted)
Strator Cover (Custom Painted)
Custom Tomato style rear tail light
Bullet style rear turn signals
Indian Low Fly Windscreen
Powder coated fork legs (blk)
Kuryakyn Swing Arm Frame Accent (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Radiator Side Accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Side Cover Frame Accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Neck Frame accents (Inside mesh custom painted in Red)
Kuryakyn Rear swingarm end Cover (Powder coated in Satin Blk)

Best memory was pulling up at a stop light in town right next to a Harley Sportster and a Dyna and both riders give the thumbs up. But the best part was when the truck to the left of us with 4 four men and the passenger sticks his head out the window and screams out load pointing at my bike yelling "THAT FREAKN' INDIAN KICKS ASS ON BOTH THEM BIKES (pointing at the Harley's) PUT TOGETHER" How do you respond to that? LOL View attachment 637044 View attachment 637045 View attachment 637046
Damn, do I love this bike

#3 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!

View attachment 636984
May's ROTM WInner @burnscs

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged
02 June 2021: Well, Here are pictures of my 2019 Indian Chief Vintage for June, the only modifications I did was add floor board & throttle grip fringes other then that I just love this bike as it is stock. 🐺

#6 ·

This is Beaut. He is lowered (both lowering link and shocks) and has heated grips. A few little fringes on the clutch and brake levers. And a silly (but necessary) unmatched backrest. Other than that, pretty much stock except for the US Air Force and Capt Marvel derby covers. I just think it's a wonderful bike and wanted to share. I don't think I will win by any means.

#8 ·

Kiwi 84" and 4-speed overdrive tranny (w/synchros!)
Electrical system changed to 12 V w/Podtronics regulator and LED headlight
New gas tanks (Iron Horse Corral)
Too many parts to list hand shaped and polished for chroming (most of which should not be chrome)
Otherwise it's pretty much stock - ignition, carb, brakes etc. just as they were back in the day - and work fine
My favorite memory was the first long trip I took, from Minneapolis to SD/Montana. My buddy had his brand new HD. Anytime we stopped for any reason, people swarmed around my bike asking questions while he stood looking unhappy. Adding insult to injury, as we were passing through the gorgeous curvy roads in the black hills, I missed no opportunity to fly around him, as the '47 cornered much better than his top-heavy HD (he did blow past me on every straightaway).

#12 ·
Sky Mountain Tire Wheel Fuel tank
Plant Sky Mountain Cloud Road surface
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

I've added a few leather accessories and a couple of Indian after market accessories from @Geresti .

The best part of this bike is the comfortable ride I enjoy while riding in the high country of the Rockies. I meet a lot of people that want to know all about this bike.

#14 ·
2018 Chieftain Limited. Love the little custom touches I’ve done the most as opposed to the high purchases. For example making the frame emblem pop, removing the reflectors custom flag mount and shrinking down the tail lights. Have also done kurakyn lights, bars and speakers. Exhaust is custom but I’m running open headers and had the mufflers re baffled. Also have a custom sissy bar not pictured with the Indian logo cut in
To it. Pictures don’t do the black pearl paint justice, so much multi colored flake it’s almost not black in certain lights

#15 · (Edited)
This is my Indian Roadmaster 2017 in the Icon Blue/Blue series... her name is Blue Destiny...

Indian next to "an Indian" picture...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Photograph Fuel tank

The "I know I'm going to have to deal with blowing through this toll later" moment...
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Hotel stop to and from my former home in NJ headed to "The Outline of the Mitten" of Michican.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Basic Modifications include
Key locks for the leg lowers
Extended reach kickstand
Header pipe swapped from stock to an American Custom headless pipe
DynoJet EFI Tunder - Custom modification
Seat modified by Master Lugo after nearly 4 years in use

Favorite Aspect of Blue Destiny
Simply the capacity space. I packed enough clothes to easily do a three week trip from Southern NJ, to Austin TX, to Panama City Beach FL, to Orlando FL, and back home in Southern NJ. Over 3600 miles logged for the trip (and I did not count the miles I put this thing on the Amtrack). This gives me everything I need to take many cross-country trips (and international - thank you Ottowa Canada). One other thing to add is the adjustable power windshield... an awesome feature to stop rain impaing my face in a half-helmet. This is all about being able to go cross country!

#16 ·
This is my brand new 2021 Springfield, "Garnet." I just picked her up 4 days ago. I haven't made any changes. I have an oil cooler coming. I hadn't been on a motorcycle for 17 years, after selling my 1985 Harley Tour Glide Classic. I'd had a freak accident on it, wrapping my right arm around my back, resulting in big surgery and extensive Physical Therapy, but what actually got me to sell her was fixing up a house for my daughter. I needed the cash more than the Harley! I love the factory paint scheme on Miss Garnet. Hearing her Thunder Stroke engine fire up the first time was a real thrill, and it still is each time! The best thing about her is that my wife loves her too! Her dad had an Indian Chief when he returned from the Navy at the end of WWII. He's 93. We'll go down to see him on Father's Day on Miss Garnet.

We look forward to lots of day trips, probably not long distance touring.

My first big bike was an ex-police 1963 FL Duo-Glide that was really a beater when I got her, but was quite nice when I traded her on the Tour Glide after 7 years of riding and fixing up. Miss Garnet reminds me very much of Ms. Hawg the Panhead, but all new and perfect! She can't make me 22 again, but she sure brings back memories, and brings me joy today!

Meeting her for the first time!

When she first came home!

The first time she went to work with me. Isn't our blue dumpster a beauty?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Plant Building Vehicle
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting

#18 ·
2021 Indian Scout ABS
10” Nash Gimp copper bars
Motogadget mo.view glassless mirrors
Motogadget mo.blaze bar end indicators
Biltwell grips
+6” Barnett clutch cable
Kuryakin led headlamp
Front signal and reflector delete
TBR 2 into 1 exhaust
1920 solo saddle
Mother Road Customs rear fender delete cover
Mother Road Customs swingarm saddlebag
Lowbrow axle mount ‘31 Ford tail lamp
No Limit Customs rear fender
Belt guard delete
Dynojet PV3
S&S Intake
Hand painted bits
Indian floorboards
Ride bell courtesy of my youngest son

Most memorable moment with “Penny”?
Pulling her out of the garage today after 8 months of off and on work, grabbing a handful of throttle, and taking her on her shakedown run.

Flawless ride, flawless fun.

#21 ·
That's the color I wish my RM was! I mean, there a lot of great Indian colors I have seen on other RMs and other models. I like that OD green matte color. I saw some model at the local dealer and the paint looked like a wrap. I've thought about wrapping it. But I don't want to take it all apart! hahaha

#22 ·
I don't blame you, the scout was real easy to disassemble, I imagine a roadmaster would be much more involved. I didn't wrap mine, it was all in plastidip- total cost was 50 bucks. For a road master, it'd probably take a few more cans though!

Biggest concern is the tank, where my legs rub up against it. I've got a leather tank guard on it now to prevent friction.

#27 ·
This is my 2020 Challenger Base named Ricky Bobby
Ricky Bobby has these upgrades-
Stage 1
Navigation upgrade
TAB Zombies
Pinnacle grips, pegs, mirrors and floor boards
Also added Chrome tail lights, chrome bars, switch covers, passenger peg mounts and tail lights
Extended Reach seat

My favorite aspect of this bike is the overall package - Power, comfort and the stereo.

My favorite ride on this bike is every time I smoke a Harley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.