Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not strictly Indian related, Jessi rode and drove everything. I followed her a little bit when she visited a popular motorcycle road nearby called The Tail of the Dragon. Killboy (local photographer) absolutely loved her. Sad news:

Jessi Combs Killed in Land-Speed Record Crash

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,330 Posts
Wow, that is terrible.

·
Rider
633 Posts
Sad to hear of her accident. She was doing what she loved...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Really liked her, this is so sad, RIP. she was doing what she loved, I will always remember her with fondness she was a cool girl!

·
Bronze member
1,794 Posts
Didn’t see if the first article mentioned that she was trying to break 619 mph

Jessi Combs Dies: Tributes Pour in After 'Mythbusters' Star Dies in Crash
Sorry to hear about this. I didn't know she was on Mythbusters but now I remember her from that. I would watch every episode I could years ago, haven't seen that in a long time.

Don't know if it's true about 619 mph, what had been said before was about the longstanding record of 512 mph from 1976.
I think it was mentioned somewhere that 600 mph might have happened on one of those runs (oh yeah, Guinness web site).

Jessi's confirmed speeds (for both directions, not a single run) were said to be almost 400 mph prior to this time.

I just found this at her web site, tells about making 483 mph last year. So I can only guess she was still attempting to break the 512 mph record.

https://www.jessicombs.com/single-post/2018/10/04/New-Top-Speed-483227-mph

Awful outcome, wish she could have had every chance to continue her dream.

Reactions: Gypsy65
1 - 8 of 8 Posts