Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I installed the JES wind deflectors on my 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse last weekend and documented it with a video. Hope this helps out a few of you who may be considering this modification. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Nice job , I used wind deflectors on my Victory Cross Roads Classic and loved them .

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
If you have a 17 and up I believe there’s no holes to drill. I put them on my 18 limited in 10 minutes nothing to drill 2 bolts each and done. And work excellent buffeting gone

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Mike unfortunately the 2019 models have a new fairing design and the tapped holes are hidden underneath. I like the JES Wind Deflectors concept just not what it takes to mount them on my bike.

Ride Safe
RRC

·
Registered
319 Posts
I put mine on removing the 2 fairing and blinker screws.
Spread fairing gently away with a wedge and used hex head bolts insyead of allen heads supplied.
Very easy no holes.
I didnt want to drill fairing.
Someone on here mentioned this proceedure and we followed it only using hex bolts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put mine on removing the 2 fairing and blinker screws.
Spread fairing gently away with a wedge and used hex head bolts insyead of allen heads supplied.
Very easy no holes.
I didnt want to drill fairing.
Someone on here mentioned this proceedure and we followed it only using hex bolts.
Sounds good thanks Mr. Xtreme. Using the Hex Head Bolts sounds like it's the way to go.

Ride Safe
RRC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts