Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a reason it won, t open for me , would love to read this , be interesting to read no matter which end the hot air came from on this guy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3406 said:
Is there a reason it won't open for me, would love to read this, be interesting to read no matter which end the hot air came from on this guy!
<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/hzPwvVoqyHs?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, though nothing really new content wise. You're right HC, the comments were worth a laugh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ignorance of some of the comments are funny. But then again, Jay did say the TS111 was the only modern and new air cooled motorcycle that he new of, and that there are now 2 American motorcycle companies making nice big cruisers...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have road one and have to say his review is close to my thoughts of the bike. I would have to have a heel toe shifter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He would probably endorse a polished turd if it had wheels, but not too bad on this one.
I did finally get a up close and personal look at the Chieftain, and I'll say that the Vintage is a much nicer bike. The front just looks crunched in to me. The guy who owns the Chieftain that I looked at is my lawyer, he dropped by the shop on his way out to visit with a few buddies. He had already beat the bike to death! Dents and scratches everywhere. He's been beating the hell out of it for over 5000 miles now. Other than the dented up pipes, scratched up bodywork it seems to be taking his beating pretty good. He's no amateur rider, but he is hard on all of his bikes.

EASY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm wondering why he didn't think mentioning Harley as the third manufacturer was appropriate? Oh yeah, it's not new technology!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great video HC. I had not seen this one. I really like the sound of the exhaust on the new Indians with the stage 1 pipes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr Menneto said that the Chieftain was their top of the line bike 'for now'
'For now' is what's interesting for me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3763 said:
Mr Menneto said that the Chieftain was their top of the line bike 'for now'
'For now' is what's interesting for me
If there was a way to bet my house I'd place it on a Chieftain Tour/Ultra coming real soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some things I noticed.

1. Somewhere around the 6 minute and 30 second mark, one of the Polaris guys stated that the Chieftain was the 'current' top of the line Indian.

2. When Jay was talking about the old 4 cylinder engine, one of the Polaris guy's eyes lit up.

Playing Debbie Downer now:
If it's true that dealers still have 'numbered' bikes on the showroom floor, then that's not a good sign for Indian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4360 said:
Playing Debbie Downer now:
If it's true that dealers still have 'numbered' bikes on the showroom floor, then that's not a good sign for Indian.

I would have to agree since it appears that the 1901 numbered bikes are across all 3 models. Meaning roughly 633 numbered bikes per model, assuming they are evenly distributed. The unveil was in August 2013. Maybe buyers are waiting for the accessories to become readily available prior to pulling the trigger?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the new Indians but after owning my CCT there are two things I would be waiting for before I would consider trading it off. For one they are going to have to come out with a full turing model (trunk and lowers) which I am positive will be coming in an upcoming model just like Polaris did with the Cross Country. Next after getting the engine work done on my CCT these new Indians don't hold a candle to the power I have now so there would have to be some available power upgrades to up the anty. If these two things were available I would consider and Indian for my next purchase but for now I am very happy with my CCT thank you.

I do like some of the little nicities that they have done for the Indian that are missing from the CCT, power windhield, keyless remote, auto locking saddlebags, etc. Nice little touches that I don't hold out will all come to Victory. Its like the difference of buying Chevrolet verses Cadillac, there are upgrades you can get on the caddy that you will never find on a more price concious chevy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks HC, Jay is the kind of guy you would like to ride with, lots of fun and not trying to beat down other motorcycle manufactures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
4360 said:
>Playing Debbie Downer now:

Kind of like every polaris dealer having a couple new ness bikes sitting collecting dust.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts