Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time over at bikeweek and got the chance to ride the Jack Daniel's Chief. The barrel man, Kevin Sanders is the owner of this fantastic motorcycle. I then had little Marianne hop on and take it for a spin showing that it doesn't matter how heavy the motorcycle is, apply the correct techniques and you will be able to ride any motorcycle out there. Enjoy the two video clips below:

and

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, I need to do some low speed maneuvering practice, because Marianne handles that Chief pretty darn good - probably better than me. Oh, by the way, that announcer in the video mentioned the wheelbase dimension, then said it had a 32 degree rake. I thought all Chiefs had a 29 degree rake. What am I missing?? Thanks for sharing. Off to a parking lot to practice..............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I need to do some low speed maneuvering practice, because Marianne handles that Chief pretty darn good - probably better than me. Oh, by the way, that announcer in the video mentioned the wheelbase dimension, then said it had a 32 degree rake. I thought all Chiefs had a 29 degree rake. What am I missing?? Thanks for sharing. Off to a parking lot to practice..............
That announcer is me. And yes, the Motorman was mistaken. Regardless, the bike handles like a toy. Great lean angle and very smooth motor. Nice clutch feel and very easy to use friction zone. I had the rpm's just above idle with very little rear brake and it went where ever I pointed the front tire.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just watching Motorman's videos on youtube has improved my low speed maneuvering on the Vintage and on my fiance's Bonneville. It comes in really handy when splitting lanes during a Los Angeles commute. If you ever make out to the West Coast I would really like to take the class.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Motorman, good to have you post here in the forum. I received your "Ride like a Pro" DVD for Christmas... now just waiting for the weather to break enough so I can go out and go through the drills. You all make it look so easy, and I'm sure it is once the "mystery" is taken out of the equation. Thanks for sharing these tips and techniques to help keep all of us bikers a little safer on the road.
Thanks again Jerry.

Mike

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
I also purchased Motorman's "Ride Like a Pro" DVD and strongly endorse his product! Nice to see you on the forum.

I'm outside of Philadelphia. do you ever have any events in my neck of the woods"

·
Registered
958 Posts
Saw my friend Jerry Brown at the end of Mariannes ride. Good guy, he's everywhere. He owns the original Jack Daniels bike #7. Looks like he's having fun.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Motorman, good to have you post here in the forum. I received your "Ride like a Pro" DVD for Christmas... now just waiting for the weather to break enough so I can go out and go through the drills. You all make it look so easy, and I'm sure it is once the "mystery" is taken out of the equation. Thanks for sharing these tips and techniques to help keep all of us bikers a little safer on the road.
Thanks again Jerry.

Mike
Thanks, it is easy, three techniques. There's no mystery, if little girls can do it, how hard can it be? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also purchased Motorman's "Ride Like a Pro" DVD and strongly endorse his product! Nice to see you on the forum.

I'm outside of Philadelphia. do you ever have any events in my neck of the woods"
No events up in PA that we'll be at anytime soon. I do have a couple training locations, one is in PA, near State College. New Jersey, Maryland, etc. Thanks for your positive feedback.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Salutes to you sir!:)
And your staff too.

I to, am a proud owner of your DVD's and book. Plus a member of the newsletters and Facebook.

Others and I have mentioned to other new riders about your program.

Feel like saying, I'm not worthy I'm not worthy!:confused:
Excuse me, little bit of Wayne's world of humor there.:rolleyes:;):)

In the meantime, welcome to the forum.
Hello there from Michigan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love to see y'all get your hands on the new Springfield.
I'd like to get my hands on a Springfield as well. With the shorter rake and wheelbase, it should be a very nimble bike. I did manage to ride a Scout while in Daytona as well. For you Scout owners, here's a tip. While learning to use the friction zone, use 2nd gear until you get the hang of it. Then, go back to 1st gear as your confidence rises.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love to see y'all get your hands on the new Springfield.
I recently filmed a new Ride Like a Pro for Indian Riders dvd. I should have the dvd's in stock by July 10th 2016. We filmed at Treasure Coast Indian and used several different models including the Springfield. Treasure Coast has a big new parking lot and we will be doing some RLAP classes there as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts