Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a jack with the Indian adapter on July 29. I didn't get any shipping confirmation after a couple days so I emailed them. I got a reply that they were 3 weeks out because of a supplier issue.

I haven't heard anything so I emailed them again and have since left two voice mails.

Interesting thing.....in the middle of all this I got a promo email from them about ordering a jack because they are running a special on shipping.

They ran my card for the purchase on the day I ordered.

Anyone else have problems with this outfit? Seems like they'd want to operate a little better given all the fans here. Do we have a contact for them?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd say be patient.

You said you emailed them after a couple days, so that'd be July 31st / August 1st.

They said 3 weeks, and it hasn't been 3 weeks.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,727 Posts
K&l mc550 jack is just as good, half the money, and readily available at multiple sources.
K&l mc550 jack ??? Are you sure about that? I get zero hits on anything related to a motorcycle using that as a search.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
palmbeachchief, I know it gets so frustrating when your waiting on something ,it happens a lot when I have bought things on eBay from the USA ,I get tracking number can see how quick it gets to Australia adjust sits in Sydney saying your item is in transit to your destination , when in fact it is still in Sydney sorting centre waiting to be dispatched 3 weeks after it arrived in Australia.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
J & S jacks makes a premium product and is priced that way too.

I wonder how they are doing. In the past year I have seen tons of sales promotions from free shipping and 10% to 20% off. The V Twin market is hurting as we all know especially Harley, and many of the small mom and pop shops are feeling the pain as the demand for their products are dwindling down and or too many lower cost options.

I have followed them for years and am on their e-mail list, and haven't seen as many promotions for their products as I have seen in the last year.

But they have had a good reputation so 3 days I wouldn't get too worried and they did say a 3 week delay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all......good suggestions. I'm not bothered by the 3 weeks. I'm concerned about the lack of communication. I'll wait until we hit the threshold

·
Bronze member
1,736 Posts
I placed an order for a jack with the Indian adapter on July 29. I didn't get any shipping confirmation after a couple days so I emailed them. I got a reply that they were 3 weeks out because of a supplier issue.

I haven't heard anything so I emailed them again and have since left two voice mails.

Interesting thing.....in the middle of all this I got a promo email from them about ordering a jack because they are running a special on shipping.

They ran my card for the purchase on the day I ordered.

Anyone else have problems with this outfit? Seems like they'd want to operate a little better given all the fans here. Do we have a contact for them?
I have gotten nothing but great service from them. They are a small family run operation.
Have you bothered to pick up the phone and call them?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have gotten nothing but great service from them. They are a small family run operation.
Have you bothered to pick up the phone and call them?
He did state that 2 voice mails were left.

·
Bronze member
1,736 Posts
He did state that 2 voice mails were left.
They may have been at Sturgis. The entire crew travels to the major rallies. The last boy people there are out in the shop cutting and welding. So there would be no one there to pick up the phone.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had the exact same issue. I emailed and called and left messages. They charged my card the minute I ordered, 6 weeks later, no jack, no communication. I called and left a really nasty message, finally got a return call with limp excuses. I finally got my jack, but I would not recommend buying from them and of course I never will again. I don't care how small the operation is, they operate piss poor in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
943 Posts
When I bought my jack from them. Drove to there factory in Little Chute Wi. They have a dozen or so employees. Most seem to be family. They were very nice folks. If I get up that way. Will let them know about this issue.

·
Registered
461 Posts
They seem to want my money bad. They keep sending me sale prices at least every two weeks!

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,727 Posts
If anyone was in Dallas/Fort Worth area want mine, I'd sell for the going rate. I had to threaten to send it back because when I tried to use it, it would slowly let to bike back down. They finally sent a replacement bottle jack. Seems to be fine now. Why they can't test them before sending them out to customers to test is beyond me. Too expensive I guess. Seems like a high school kid could handle a simple job like that. In the mean time I bought a lift instead and use it exclusively. I will not ship the the thing even if it is just collecting dust. I'm about an hour outside Fort Worth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting development. After leaving more voicemails, I finally threw in the towel and initiated a dispute with my credit card company last night. Like magic, I got an email today from J&S:

Scott;

I apologize for the delay in response it is crazy here sadly. I am ready to throw in the towel with some of the companies we get parts from! We are working on orders currently and have finally filled orders from the end of June and beginning of July as we had a 2 week delay with the painting facility and I hope we can continue on this path without further issue however at this time we are waiting on the order of bottle jacks to come in as they told us they would arrive this past Monday and now they are saying Friday or possibly early next week so I am hoping they come ASAP and if that is the case your order will be shipping out in about a week and a half.

Please feel free to send liquor to make this ridiculous situation tolerable and I am so genuinely sorry for this nonsense and unacceptable wait time!

So, if I'm real good, and say my prayers, and the stars align, and their suppliers come through for them, and I send them some liquor, I might get my order in "about" a week and a half. In the meantime, I'll need to reflect on how they are the victim here.

SMH

·
Registered
861 Posts
Interesting development. After leaving more voicemails, I finally threw in the towel and initiated a dispute with my credit card company last night. Like magic, I got an email today from J&S:

Scott;

I apologize for the delay in response it is crazy here sadly. I am ready to throw in the towel with some of the companies we get parts from! We are working on orders currently and have finally filled orders from the end of June and beginning of July as we had a 2 week delay with the painting facility and I hope we can continue on this path without further issue however at this time we are waiting on the order of bottle jacks to come in as they told us they would arrive this past Monday and now they are saying Friday or possibly early next week so I am hoping they come ASAP and if that is the case your order will be shipping out in about a week and a half.

Please feel free to send liquor to make this ridiculous situation tolerable and I am so genuinely sorry for this nonsense and unacceptable wait time!

So, if I'm real good, and say my prayers, and the stars align, and their suppliers come through for them, and I send them some liquor, I might get my order in "about" a week and a half. In the meantime, I'll need to reflect on how they are the victim here.

SMH
Buy a K&L mc550 and be done with it. You won’t regret the purchase and you’ll have change left over for other things from what you spent on that J&S.

·
Bronze member
1,847 Posts
If anyone was in Dallas/Fort Worth area want mine, I'd sell for the going rate. I had to threaten to send it back because when I tried to use it, it would slowly let to bike back down. They finally sent a replacement bottle jack. Seems to be fine now. Why they can't test them before sending them out to customers to test is beyond me. Too expensive I guess. Seems like a high school kid could handle a simple job like that. In the mean time I bought a lift instead and use it exclusively. I will not ship the the thing even if it is just collecting dust. I'm about an hour outside Fort Worth.
you do know that you are supposed to use the locking levers and not rely on the bottle jack to hold the bike up, right? also, once locked, you are supposed to let the pressure out of b y
the bottle, then close the valve so it is ready to raise the bike slightly to disengage the locking levers. once the bike is all the way down, you tighten the valve screw to prevent leakage. mine works flawlessly. they did recently change bottle suppliers, so there may be some issues. however, I will say they should send liquor, not request it o_O

·
Bronze member
1,736 Posts
Like I stated previously, they are a very small family operated company. Other than cutting and welding the steel they are 100% dependent on suppliers and other vendors.

I suppose you could walk into Harbor Freight and walk walk right out with some Chinese built shit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts