Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a j&s jack, Indian adapters and a t handle to go w it. They said I should get it in 2 1/2 weeks.

·
Rider
510 Posts
I ordered mine the first week in December....still not here. Luckily, I dont really need it right now since its not even close to riding season yet.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I ordered mine toward the end of November, still not here. If you call they will say "yep, shipping out tomorrow." I called a couple of times and the second I said "If it is going to be a while just tell me, I understand supply problems." He appreciated my patience and said nope, this time yours is ready and things are a go for shipping out tomorrow. That was two and a half weeks ago.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got the same bs for 6 weeks to replace the failed bottle jack, finally went to lowes and got one to replace it.

·
Senior member / rider
1,273 Posts
I just watched a video about their jack. Very impressive. Damn shame to hear about the delays receiving the product though. I was going to order one, think I’ll wait to hear how things turn out for the folks waiting.

·
Registered
555 Posts
the jack is excellent, customer service leaves a lot to be desired. not sure what's going on there. You can't keep telling people you've shipped something and never ship it.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I got my 13 years years ago and it works today like it did on day one. Back then, I called, ordered, and received it in 5 working days. I don't know what happened to J&S, maybe they got to big for their britches. Whatever, I have heard of some people waiting in excess of three months for their product. This is absurd, I personally will not do anymore business with J&S. When a company stops caring for the customer it will eventually fail. If I were to get another jack it would be from Pitbull.

Reactions: Gman1 and Moto_Max

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just got mine the first of the month, I think the wife ordered it after Thanksgiving. At any rate, it's worth it. I'm sure with bike sales down, these jacks don't sell like they used to, and it seems to be a one time purchase as they last. I bet they are a much smaller operation than they used to be.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I have one it has the adapter and it still hard for me to get it just right! Plus all the rubber pads on the adapter have become unglued ! I won’t say I am happy with it’

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my 13 years years ago and it works today like it did on day one. Back then, I called, ordered, and received it in 5 working days. I don't know what happened to J&S, maybe they got to big for their britches. Whatever, I have heard of some people waiting in excess of three months for their product. This is absurd, I personally will not do anymore business with J&S. When a company stops caring for the customer it will eventually fail. If I were to get another jack it would be from Pitbull.

I have a Pitbull jack that I bought at Daytona bike week probably 15 or more years ago and it's been great. They have a new owner now, but they still sold me an Indian adapter and it works great.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,017 Posts
Just got mine the first of the month, I think the wife ordered it after Thanksgiving. At any rate, it's worth it. I'm sure with bike sales down, these jacks don't sell like they used to, and it seems to be a one time purchase as they last. I bet they are a much smaller operation than they used to be.
They are a very small family run operation. They have a part-time welder that come in at night and they had trouble keeping up for years now.
I'm guessing their business is running at full capacity which leads to delays. If you get them on the phone you'll find they are the nicest people in the world.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I don’t care how good the product is just be ready to be frustrated as hell
I got mine so I could not only help with maintenance but so I could easily move my bike around in the winter while I worked on other things in the garage space. By the time it gets here the winter will be over and a big reason for the jack will then have to wait for next year.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
They are a very small family run operation. They have a part-time welder that come in at night and they had trouble keeping up for years now.
I'm guessing their business is running at full capacity which leads to delays. If you get them on the phone you'll find they are the nicest people in the world.
Maybe they should hire a full-time welder, jus sayin.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Maybe they should hire a full-time welder, jus sayin.

They probably don't make enough money to pay a full time welder who is worth anything.

As many small mom and pop shops, they don't build any inventory as they don't really have the money to do it. So they build to order. Doing that is a catch 22, because if they let potential customers know what the lead times was, that may turn away potential buyers, but on the same note, it pisses off people who buy and have to wait. This type of motorcycle jack is not commonly used buy shops (they use lift tables) and the less expensive Chinese jacks out there are taking sales away.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
They probably don't make enough money to pay a full time welder who is worth anything.

As many small mom and pop shops, they don't build any inventory as they don't really have the money to do it. So they build to order. Doing that is a catch 22, because if they let potential customers know what the lead times was, that may turn away potential buyers, but on the same note, it pisses off people who buy and have to wait. This type of motorcycle jack is not commonly used buy shops (they use lift tables) and the less expensive Chinese jacks out there are taking sales away.
They have been in business for 25 years. Maybe it is time to step up production. I have their jack and like it very much. If their production is backed up 2-3 months then one may claim they are doing good on their end. The one that is not is the buyer.

·
Bronze member
2,017 Posts
They have been in business for 25 years. Maybe it is time to step up production. I have their jack and like it very much. If their production is backed up 2-3 months then one may claim they are doing good on their end. The one that is not is the buyer.
Perhaps they are reluctant to invest in expansion because of the shrinking market for motorcycles.

Plus how many millennials are going to be doing their own wrenching?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts