·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The elusive Scout.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got so damn sick and tired of this waiting bullshit that I called Polaris yesterday!!! They gave me a case number to refer back to and asked me to get my order number and call back. I called the dealership and got two numbers: One was my order ID num and the other was my confirmation num. They transferred me to their tier II. This guy was in their "logistics resolution" department. I gave him the information that I had along with the name of my dealership. He looked and saw my order along with the other six that only had "TBD" beside them. I explained my frustration to him telling him that based on what I saw and what the Indian rep said, I put down money on the bike. If we (the customers), change our minds and back out on our deal with Indian, we lose our money...but what about the promise that Indian made to its customers? I told him that this was my first time dealing with Indian and that so far it has not been a pleasant experience for me as well as for countless others I am sure. He said that he is a rider and can understand my frustration. He gave me another number but took mine and promised to find out what the issue is and call me back early next week...I will keep everyone posted. Thru my journeys with this company I had dealt with a smart azz whose attitude about the whole matter really sucked! This person seemed genuine but I will keep all posted!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I got so damn sick and tired of this waiting bullshit that I called Polaris yesterday!!! They gave me a case number to refer back to and asked me to get my order number and call back. I called the dealership and got two numbers: One was my order ID num and the other was my confirmation num. They transferred me to their tier II. This guy was in their "logistics resolution" department. I gave him the information that I had along with the name of my dealership. He looked and saw my order along with the other six that only had "TBD" beside them. I explained my frustration to him telling him that based on what I saw and what the Indian rep said, I put down money on the bike. If we (the customers), change our minds and back out on our deal with Indian, we lose our money...but what about the promise that Indian made to its customers? I told him that this was my first time dealing with Indian and that so far it has not been a pleasant experience for me as well as for countless others I am sure. He said that he is a rider and can understand my frustration. He gave me another number but took mine and promised to find out what the issue is and call me back early next week...I will keep everyone posted. Thru my journeys with this company I had dealt with a smart azz whose attitude about the whole matter really sucked! This person seemed genuine but I will keep all posted!

Well good luck with that. I did more or less the same thing last Thursday. Was promised a call back the same day. Got nothing. Instead, the dealer called me, only to say basically they know nothing. Stead of calling me back, Polaris called the dealer. The hell does he know? Polaris don't tell him schidt either.

Polaris' attitude bites big black drippy donkey dongs dipped in kim chee. These morons could not buy a clue if you spotted them Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the conservatory. Knee jerk secrecy does not inspire confidence in their outfit. Got no beef with the dealer. Have no problem waiting either. All I ask for is status. Tell me what the prob is and whether you're making headway, and then guess me your next ETA. I don't think that's asking too much.

Now let me repeat this, cause no matter what you say, there's always someone reads what he wants to read, and post an irrelevant reply: I have no problem waiting for the bike. Got it? None. Please don't tell me be patient for the Scout. No problem with that. Please don't tell me how wunnerful and dizzyland it will be when it arrives. Confident with that. Please don't tell me about production or shipping challenges. I get there's difficulties to overcome. No problem. My only problem is this evasive unresponsive stick with your December promise long after you know you cannot keep it BS, followed by stone silence thereafter. Horse pebbles.

Frustrating.
Jackasses.
Need to grow up.

Hey, if I wanted an effin case number, KJ, I'd go put my money down at the case number store. A baker's dozen case numbers plus a hatful of used Mexican bus transfers won't buy me one politician's promise. Zero use for a case number. Answers. That's all we want. And I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to ask for one.

They're getting under my skin.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have found this to be an effective coping mechanism for the prolonged wait. When you are sitting on the toilet taking a number #2 and unroll some toilet paper -- just envision one of the Polaris executives faces on that paper. Then take a good thorough wipe. Yep, really placates the soul.

Of course, if the Polaris folks read this forum rest assured I will be the last one getting his Scout.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well good luck with that. I did more or less the same thing last Thursday. Was promised a call back the same day. Got nothing. Instead, the dealer called me, only to say basically they know nothing. Stead of calling me back, Polaris called the dealer. The hell does he know? Polaris don't tell him schidt either.

Polaris' attitude bites big black drippy donkey dongs dipped in kim chee. These morons could not buy a clue if you spotted them Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the conservatory. Knee jerk secrecy does not inspire confidence in their outfit. Got no beef with the dealer. Have no problem waiting either. All I ask for is status. Tell me what the prob is and whether you're making headway, and then guess me your next ETA. I don't think that's asking too much.

Now let me repeat this, cause no matter what you say, there's always someone reads what he wants to read, and post an irrelevant reply: I have no problem waiting for the bike. Got it? None. Please don't tell me be patient for the Scout. No problem with that. Please don't tell me how wunnerful and dizzyland it will be when it arrives. Confident with that. Please don't tell me about production or shipping challenges. I get there's difficulties to overcome. No problem. My only problem is this evasive unresponsive stick with your December promise long after you know you cannot keep it BS, followed by stone silence thereafter. Horse pebbles.

Frustrating.
Jackasses.
Need to grow up.

Hey, if I wanted an effin case number, KJ, I'd go put my money down at the case number store. A baker's dozen case numbers plus a hatful of used Mexican bus transfers won't buy me one politician's promise. Zero use for a case number. Answers. That's all we want. And I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to ask for one.

well said,pretty much my thoughts. if they would just let us know, it would be another story.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I put down money on the bike. If we (the customers), change our minds and back out on our deal with Indian, we lose our money...

I fully agree and understand your feelings, but I must point out that your $500.00 deposit was never in danger, it is 100% refundable if you don't want to buy the bike!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree with everyone...JUST LET US KNOW SOMETHING!!! And unfortunately, the deposits were always in danger according to what the dealer AND the Indian rep told me...as I said b4...I can see keeping my deposit IF I back out but not because THEY cannot make true on their promise. Maybe now, because so many people are complaining, they are giving deposits back but I am simply stating what I was told by both. Have a gr8 day future scout owners.....one day...I guess. Sheesh!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts

Frustrating.
Jackasses.
Need to grow up.

I agree whole heartedly!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I fully agree and understand your feelings, but I must point out that your $500.00 deposit was never in danger, it is 100% refundable if you don't want to buy the bike!
This statement wasn't true for some dealers before the end of December (or at least mine) as I was told that if I backed out before the bike came the end of December I would get a store credit. Now that Polaris has gone way past their promised date my dealer has indeed refunded the $$ to some on the wait list and told me on Wednesday when I was there if I wanted to back out she would give me my money. I said nope I will wait. Don't know if they would have still stuck to their original quote if I had pushed it in December or not since it is all water under the bridge..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Cindy...as I stated earlier, they may be refunding now since they broke their promise to us! But Im witcha...Im waiting on it...I sold my 2013 BMW F800 GT in order to get this Scout ( I also have a h-h-OKAY I'LL JUST SAY IT!!! harley, because I didnt want three bikes)so hopefully it will come soon!!!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Cindy...as I stated earlier, they may be refunding now since they broke their promise to us! But Im witcha...Im waiting on it...I sold my 2013 BMW F800 GT in order to get this Scout ( I also have a h-h-OKAY I'LL JUST SAY IT!!! harley, because I didnt want three bikes)so hopefully it will come soon!!!!!
I'm not backing down either. All in, till the cards have been dealt and played.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am still officially on the list with Polaris and haven't received an email or call on the Scout I had reserved. My dealer is still gonna take delivery and I asked them to call me as I'd like to see it... Just because.

Here it is January 11th and still nothing. I bet, just bet, had I ordered the Scout in September or I ordered any other color than Red, it would have been here in December. Just say'n...

Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am still officially on the list with Polaris and haven't received an email or call on the Scout I had reserved. My dealer is still gonna take delivery and I asked them to call me as I'd like to see it... Just because.

Here it is January 11th and still nothing. I bet, just bet, had I ordered the Scout in September or I ordered any other color than Red, it would have been here in December. Just say'n...
Don't think so cuz I ordered the Thunder black and I was thinkin had I ordered the red then I may have had mine by now LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
558 Posts
Don't think so cuz I ordered the Thunder black and I was thinkin had I ordered the red then I may have had mine by now LOLOLOLOL
I should have ordered the Thunder Black and you the Indian Red, we could of swapped!

Ah... Wait... I'm riding a Black Victory Judge... Sorry KJDavis, I'll keep my Judge and I suspect you are equally wanting to keep your Thunder Black Scout. :p

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I should have ordered the Thunder Black and you the Indian Red, we could of swapped!

Ah... Wait... I'm riding a Black Victory Judge... Sorry KJDavis, I'll keep my Judge and I suspect you are equally wanting to keep your Thunder Black Scout. :p
How's the judge Allan?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts